Neighbors?

09 Aug 2011 12:37 #1 by CC
Neighbors? was created by CC
Where did the neighbors helping neighbors thread go?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Aug 2011 12:45 #2 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Neighbors?
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewforum.php?f=52 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewforum.php?f=52<!-- l -->

That one?

09 Aug 2011 14:52 #3 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Neighbors?
Here

We're in a bit of a hold pattern at the moment. There was a lot more damage to the house than originally suspected:

The roof was put on wrong in one part - the tin was overlapped backwards so water ran right into the joints, rather than over top, resulting in the leaks into the kitchen (and I suspect elsewhere).

The sink had been moved to under the window, but the pipes had been run in the outside wall - they'd of course frozen and partially busted at some point and were spraying water inside the wall every time she used the faucet - the drywall had mold coating the inner drywall and insulation and was all removed. The pipes need to be moved before new insulation and drywall is put up.

The window above the sink in the kitchen was installed horizontally, but was actually a vertical window (so the drains were on the side instead of at the bottom, leaving constant standing water in her window). The hunt is on for a new window - hopefully we've just found one! :thumbsup:

Once we have a window, we can get back and finish up the work - we could really use help on it so we'll put the thread back up as an announcement then! Bootlegger is hoping this Thursday, tentatively, as she's living without a kitchen at the moment.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Aug 2011 15:00 #4 by Lonewolf Field Services HVAC
Also we need to get a window header installed above the window to keep the rafters from crushing the window during a heavy snow load. There is lumber on site for that part.
Thanks for the help.

Bootlegger

09 Aug 2011 15:15 #5 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Neighbors?
bootlegger....we have a 72 x 36 window in our crawl space. It is brand new. If you could stop by on your way home and take a look, we would be happy to help you out. I do not know if it is a horizontal or vertical window.
I will pm my addy.

09 Aug 2011 18:32 #6 by Lonewolf Field Services HVAC
Would tomorrow morning work to come over and check the window?

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds