No Joke: Walmart Coffee Tastes As Good As Starbucks

22 Aug 2011 07:16 #1 by Wayne Harrison
In a new taste test, Walmart’s medium-roast Great Value 100% Colombia coffee was rated on par with the equivalent costing more than double the price bearing the Starbucks label. And no, the taste test wasn’t organized by Walmart.

It was the taste testers at Consumer Reports drinking and comparing all the home-brewed cups of Joe available to consumers.

Read more: http://moneyland.time.com/2011/08/04/no ... z1VlO7z4O2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Aug 2011 08:04 #2 by FredHayek
Tastes are subjective? Besides, Starbucks is really selling an image and style.

I don't drink enough coffee to know what is good but my snobbish friends prefer the independent coffee shops. Starbucks tastes burnt to them.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Aug 2011 08:46 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic No Joke: Walmart Coffee Tastes As Good As Starbucks
I don't drink coffee at all. I always thought of getting my friends that are really into it, a coffee roaster. I would think that would be fun. And I read that raw coffee beans are very reasonable priced. The roaster is a bit expensive. I would like to make my own tea.

22 Aug 2011 09:05 #4 by Something the Dog Said
Coffee roasters do not need to be expensive. You can modify a hot air popcorn popper. I've even roasted coffee beans in a wok, over a grill, and with a hot air blower. [url=http://www.sweetmarias.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.sweetmarias.com[/url] is a great resource for roasting and purchasing beans.

And yes Charbucks coffee is not that great.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds