Shawl.

22 Aug 2011 08:02 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Shawl. was created by CinnamonGirl
I have not had the time to crochet at all in the last year. I am seriously thinking of doing a quick and easy project of a shawl for winter (I am always cold). I did crochet myself a hat and use it all the time. If I get it done I will send a pic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Aug 2011 08:40 #2 by RivendaleFarms
Replied by RivendaleFarms on topic Shawl.
Definitely share a picture!

You know I can't crochet, but here's a knit one I finished and taught a class on at the Knook - the pattern's called the Conifer Shawl, so that seemed appropriate. I gave it to a friend as a thank you, getting ready to start one for my mom out of blue and add an extra repeat so it's a bit bigger. Yarn here is Wool BamBoo, which feels very silky (and of course I bought it at the Knook!)
Diane had a few more people that would like to take the class and couldn't this summer, so I'll likely teach it again in October or November.

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

22 Aug 2011 08:41 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Shawl.
Wonderful. You do wonderful work.

22 Aug 2011 09:26 #4 by RivendaleFarms
Aw, shucks. (blush)
I'm pretty sure knitting is largely responsible for any semblance of sanity I have left this summer.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

23 Aug 2011 21:24 #5 by wildiris
Replied by wildiris on topic Shawl.
Very pretty Sal! I haven't been knitting much this summer although I do have a few projects on needles that I pick up every once in awhile. I do have a shawl I am working on called the Brandywine Shawl. Mostly though, I have been stuck on spinning!

23 Aug 2011 22:14 #6 by RivendaleFarms
I've got the Brandywine pattern and yarn, just haven't worked my way to cast on yet - do you have any in progress pics? Trying now to crank out some items for the Botanical Gardens Holiday show we're doing, I'm woefully low on inventory. Almost have a cowl done that I'm really likeing, so will do some more in the same pattern but different colors. Pics to follow when it's done. Wrote in a comment on Steven Ambrose's blog that I've pretty much become addicted to Shawls and Socks, wonder if that makes me a Shock knitter?

23 Aug 2011 22:22 #7 by wildiris
Replied by wildiris on topic Shawl.
rofllol rofllol rofllol

07 Sep 2011 09:43 #8 by RivendaleFarms
CG, how's that shawl coming along? Not sure if you picked a pattern yet, but I did a quick search on Ravelry for free patterns:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search# ... ned_thumbs

If the link doesn't work since I was logged in as me, just do advanced pattern search and then I narrowed it down to:
Has photo: yes
Craft: crochet
Availability: free
Category: Accessories, then shawl/wrap

That alone brought up a boatload that you can cruise the through the thumbnail pics pretty fast. You can also narrow the search more by type of construction, yarn type/weight, etc.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds