Is this hurricane about to hit New York?

28 Aug 2011 07:21 #81 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Is this hurricane about to hit New York?

I do not know if this is real but very cool if so. Hurricane Irene approaching North Carolina... via WILX News.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Aug 2011 07:56 #82 by CinnamonGirl
I believed they dodged the big bullet. Trees are down but I was worried about big time flooding in the subway and broken windows in the high rise buildings. I just want to say if ANYONE says that there was an over reaction, the reason everything is good is because few were around. They did the right thing when a 510 mile storm is coming to kick your ass. I think some of the coverage was ridiculous. Like The weather channel saying that 29 million have been evacuated and other crap from them but all in all they did the right thing.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011 ... 3ebe000014

28 Aug 2011 08:28 #83 by Wayne Harrison
Conservative radio host Glenn Beck told listeners Friday that Hurricane Irene, the Category 1 storm that’s working its deadly way up the Eastern Seaboard, is “a blessing from God.”

Beck has long urged his fans to stockpile food in their homes in anticipation of a global food disruption. He said Irene should be construed as a divine warning for those who have ignored that advice.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/2 ... ?hpt=hp_c2

"Next, a word from our sponsor: Ready2Eat Meals."

28 Aug 2011 08:31 #84 by CinnamonGirl
Believe it or not he used to be alot more normal when he was with CNN.

28 Aug 2011 08:33 #85 by Wayne Harrison
He found out he got higher ratings if he went off on bizarre tangents. He appealed to the lunatic/conspiracy crowd. As a regular guy, he was just one of a number of TV hosts.

It says a lot about the type of people out there...

I'm all up for being prepared and such.

But to say that God is telling you that he's giving this hurricane to you as a dry run so you can be prepared for the poop fan interface scenario that's coming is not going to win friends and influence people. (Since by religious logic he could also prevent such scenario.)

We, the people of earth, have no farking clue how the universe works. We understand a small fraction of it and influence it even less. Lets not try to assign cosmic reasoning to it.

Yes, we are fortunate this one is smaller than it could be. Yes, humans have a short collective memory and it's good to be reminded that really bad stuff can happen *anywhere*. If we can use this to further that knowledge, fantastic!

But let's leave it at that until evidence turns up otherwise.

28 Aug 2011 08:51 #86 by CinnamonGirl
The one biggest problem I have with some religion or commentators it was not about people of like minds coming together, it was about them telling me what the bible is or says. I believe in everyone doing their own homework and open mindedness. I just never could find that church or religion that matched that. Anyone that tells you what God wants (to me) well... red flag. How can anyone 'know' what god wants?

28 Aug 2011 08:52 #87 by homeagain

WayneH wrote: He found out he got higher ratings if he went off on bizarre tangents. He appealed to the lunatic/conspiracy crowd. As a regular guy, he was just one of a number of TV hosts.

It says a lot about the type of people out there...

I'm all up for being prepared and such.

But to say that God is telling you that he's giving this hurricane to you as a dry run so you can be prepared for the poop fan interface scenario that's coming is not going to win friends and influence people. (Since by religious logic he could also prevent such scenario.)

We, the people of earth, have no farking clue how the universe works. We understand a small fraction of it and influence it even less. Lets not try to assign cosmic reasoning to it.

Yes, we are fortunate this one is smaller than it could be. Yes, humans have a short collective memory and it's good to be reminded that really bad stuff can happen *anywhere*. If we can use this to further that knowledge, fantastic!
l
But let's leave it at that until evidence turns up otherwise.

Ever heard of H. A. R. P?......having lived in Fairbanks, Ak. I can
tell you it is "real".......of course, JMO.

28 Aug 2011 08:56 #88 by CinnamonGirl
Unknown Soldier Tomb guarded during Hurricane Irene

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=139&sid=2517250

WASHINGTON - As Hurricane Irene barrels her way toward the mid-Atlantic and up the East Coast, members of The Old Guard continue their vigilance at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

http://www.wtop.com/emedia/wtop/22/2243/224377.jpg?filter=wtop_article

28 Aug 2011 09:11 #89 by Wayne Harrison
Speaking of hyperbole...

Irene Blamed for At Least 9 Deaths as It Makes Ferocious Run Up East Coast

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2011/08/ ... z1WKvRGJEV

Ever wonder how many people die from auto accidents on any given day? About 115.

http://www.car-accidents.com/pages/stats.html

28 Aug 2011 09:16 #90 by Wayne Harrison

homeagain wrote: Ever heard of H. A. R. P?......having lived in Fairbanks, Ak. I can
tell you it is "real".......of course, JMO.

Are you intimating that we brought this hurricane on our own country by utilizing H.A.R.P?

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds