Utilty CO's and the Phillippines

26 Aug 2011 13:11 #1 by CC
Called Dish Network today to pay my bill and was routed to the Philippines to accomplish this task.
Pissed me off. I am tired of American jobs being farmed out in this manner.
When I complained about not wanting to do business in the Philippines, I was told by some bonehead that they could not discriminate against the Philippines in that way.
Century Link, Dish Network........who's next......the government?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Aug 2011 13:46 #2 by BearMtnHIB
I called Qworst the other day- and I was shocked to hear an american accent at the other end of customer service.

If you complain about this issue- you will be quickly dismissed as a racist. In fact that's pretty much what it sounded like happened to you, they pretty much accused you of "discriminating" against the Phillippines.

I have found a better way to approach the problem, because like you I don't know why these jobs shouldn't stay here. They dont pay much more than minimum wage and there's people who need that work here.

Call and complain- but only complain that you could not understand the customer service rep. If they recieve hundreds of complaints about this- they may move those jobs back here - who knows.

And it's better than being called a racist.

26 Aug 2011 13:56 #3 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Utilty CO's and the Phillippines
I really don't care what they call me.
When I watch my neighbors losing their homes because they can't find work.....it pisses me off.
Add DirecTV to that list. I called them to see about changing over and after quite a bit of badgering....they finally admitted upfront that they also use these call centers.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds