What Do You Think About Our New Business Partners Category?

31 Aug 2011 05:56 #1 by MyMountainTown
Hello All!

You may have noticed already, but we're trying something new with our Business Partners forums! Rather than having them separated into forums which fit their services and/or products (for example, restaurants in The Kitchen), we've created a new category specifically for them alone; you can see it near the bottom of the Index page.

We think it looks eye-catching with the line of graphics, and helps you find them easier, but we could be wrong about that, so we'd like your input please! What do you like or dislike about it? Does it seem easier to find the businesses you need that way?

We're always striving to find new and better ways of doing things, and changing/improving as needed - we are a work in progress, and couldn't do what we do without your input and support. Thanks for your help!

Warm Regards,
285Bound

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Aug 2011 07:53 #2 by pacamom
I really like the logos. It is eye catching if you actually use the board index. I don't so I had to go look at it specifically. Maybe if they were at the top rather than having to scroll down so far they would get seen more frequently.

31 Aug 2011 08:20 #3 by CinnamonGirl
The nice thing about the business partners program is that you can ask any of them a question. They were harder to see where we had them, now you can get to them at any time on the index page and they have been added to the top menu!

http://www.285bound.com/Forums/viewforum.php?f=153

01 Sep 2011 06:33 #4 by RivendaleFarms
Is it possible to have them in both places - they'd still be in their "normal" forum where people with specific interests would still find them, but clicking on the Business Partners link would take you there, which could draw new viewers as well. Seems like that would be the best of both worlds. I agree with pacamom, I rarely look at the Index and so even specifically looking for this I had to scroll down a ways to find it. I'm not sure they'll get the most viewing potential only being on the index page. Another suggestion, perhaps instead of Business Partners it could be called Local Business Forums? For me, Business Partners doesn't imply conversations, information and interaction as much.

I love the logos and thinkg they do help things pop out.

My two cents.

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

01 Sep 2011 06:47 #5 by LOL
Looks great. I agree with other comments, make it as easy to find as possible. Maybe add a link to the home page (top right) where it says "Local Businesses". Just make it visible and easy to find.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

01 Sep 2011 07:33 #6 by Wayne Harrison
It would look better if the images were all transparent gifs so they blend with the background of the forum instead of looking like white squares on blue. A couple of the images are. Most aren't.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds