No jail time for 99-year-old that caused deadly crash

11 Sep 2011 08:08 #11 by V_A
I will judge the 99 year old lady by her actions.

The reason she was getting a rental car was that she had wrecked her car the day or two prior in Turkey Canyon.

After she killed the Bailey man she continued to drive her car for several months after the accident.

Sweet or not, she should have known at 99 her skills to drive were gone. The accident the day before should have been a reminder.

If she felt guilt or fault, she would not of got behind the wheel again. Instead she did.

I don't think she needs to got o jail, she is to old, just as she is to old to drive.

I hope the Bixler family files civil charges against her, she won't need her $ much longer.

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-98-year-o ... 2816.story

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Sep 2011 10:30 #12 by Mtn Gramma
It appears that the Flume interview was done AFTER the trial. Also, she was picking the car up from Enterprise because she'd had another recent accident. Referencing Becky's Flume link:

....Carucci had just had an accident the day before, which was the reason Carucci was picking up a rental car that day. .....

Carucci disputes that the accident was the day before and even that she was in an accident. Carucci said that it happened two weeks before, and that she had bumped something in the road late at night when she was changing lanes. Carucci also doesn't call it "being in an accident" because there were no other cars involved.

The Flume article also said that Carucci showed no remorse during the trial. Whether she's a sociopath or age-impaired or whatever, she has no business driving. I agree that jail time would not be appropriate but she should never ever have a driver's license again, nor should she have a car in case she's tempted to drive without a license.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds