Science Chic

22 May 2010 18:15 #1 by The Viking
Science Chic was created by The Viking
I am glad to see you over here. Although we didn't always have the same views on everything, I have always rescpected your well thought out responces and posts. Looking forward to your thoughts on issues that we discuss. Welome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 May 2010 18:21 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Science Chic
Hey... Great to see Science Chic.....

22 May 2010 18:33 #3 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Science Chic
me too! , our collective IQ went up by 20%

22 May 2010 20:11 #4 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Science Chic
Welcome Science Chic!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

22 May 2010 21:15 #5 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Science Chic
Thanks Guys! Viking - I absolutely agree - even though we didn't always see eye-to-eye, I look forward with much anticipation and relish the many debates we'll all have, and promise to do my best to keep them respectful, courteous, and way too full of info (although maybe not on topic!). You may not believe this, but I've missed your presence elsewhere. :wink:

Looks like fun around here!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

23 May 2010 15:34 #6 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Science Chic

Science Chic wrote: Thanks Guys! Viking - I absolutely agree - even though we didn't always see eye-to-eye, I look forward with much anticipation and relish the many debates we'll all have, and promise to do my best to keep them respectful, courteous, and way too full of info (although maybe not on topic!). You may not believe this, but I've missed your presence elsewhere. :wink:

Looks like fun around here!

I will do my best to do the same. And thanks...... :wink:

And it is fun here. I think you will love the positive energy.

23 May 2010 16:34 #7 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Science Chic
Hey, welcome Science Chic. I am glad to see you over here, too.

For some reason you remind me of Mr. Wizard (in a good way).

23 May 2010 16:44 #8 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Science Chic

WayneHarrison wrote: Hey, welcome Science Chic. I am glad to see you over here, too.

For some reason you remind me of Mr. Wizard (in a good way).

Or the Absent Minded Professor? Hey, he created Flubber! :biggrin:

23 May 2010 18:31 #9 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Science Chic
Hmm, I always thought I was more like Bill Nye the Science Guy...

Absent minded only when pregnant (those hormones mess you up!) and on bad days, luckily!

So I realized that at previous places I just jumped right in with both feet and didn't properly introduce myself. I'm gonna make a fresh start here!
Things to Know About Me:
Born and raised in Cincinnati, family is all German save for my maternal great-grandmother (Irish) - I'm all stubborn with a shot of fiery temper.
Married once, just celebrated 10th anniversary

Likes: Reading, Chasing Kids, Wine, Dark chocolate, Watching Football (longtime suffering Bengals fan), Gardening, Relaxing With Friends, Traveling, Listening to Music, Cleaning the House, Driving Fast, Dancing, Thinking, Learning, Science, Eating Good Food, the ocean, pilates, warm weather, mythology, the color blue
Music: Hawaiian, Pop/Top 40, Jazz, Dance/Electronica, Classical, Blues, Big Band, Alternative rock
Dislikes: meatloaf, casseroles, pasta salads, lol lygaggers, Love Shack by the B-52s, having nothing to do, close-minded, narrow-minded, hypocritical, sexist idiots, bosses who don't respect/appreciate me and my efforts, the color orange, Florida State U., Michigan U., the Pittsburgh Steelers, and being told that the Dallas Cowboys are "America's Team"
Strengths: Patient, stubborn, high empathy (had to give up dreams of genetic counselor job - couldn't stay objective and unemotional enough), can bench press 90 lbs, compassionate, reasoning/logical, open-minded, skeptical, honest, tenacious, and big-picture thinker who doesn't forget to appreciate the small, daily details
Weaknesses: Easily distracted, try to do too much, lightweight (2+ glasses of wine=sleepy time!), not quick-witted, too serious
Places I've been: England, India, Germany, Italy, Singapore, France, Turkey
Places I'd Like to Go: Czechoslovakia, Greece, Egypt, Japan, Tibet, Australia, New Zealand, Fuji, Canada, Ireland, UAE
Things I'd Like To Do: Learn and know everything, learn how to fly, Make a Difference, never take any of my loved ones for granted, learn to laugh at myself, grow old

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

23 May 2010 19:21 #10 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Science Chic
Well, some of the things you'd like to to are bound to happen sooner or later. While, I find your sharing of all this great, part of me worries about having it all out there like that on the internet..... Talk about being cynical. Hell I should talk. My personal web page pretty much explains everything about me. In fact, now that I think about it, you might find some things I have there rather interesting, being fond of the ocean as you said.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds