Science Chic

23 May 2010 21:27 #11 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Science Chic

Science Chic wrote: Hmm, I always thought I was more like Bill Nye the Science Guy...

Absent minded only when pregnant (those hormones mess you up!) and on bad days, luckily!

So I realized that at previous places I just jumped right in with both feet and didn't properly introduce myself. I'm gonna make a fresh start here!
Things to Know About Me:
Born and raised in Cincinnati, family is all German save for my maternal great-grandmother (Irish) - I'm all stubborn with a shot of fiery temper.
Married once, just celebrated 10th anniversary

Likes: Reading, Chasing Kids, Wine, Dark chocolate, Watching Football (longtime suffering Bengals fan), Gardening, Relaxing With Friends, Traveling, Listening to Music, Cleaning the House, Driving Fast, Dancing, Thinking, Learning, Science, Eating Good Food, the ocean, pilates, warm weather, mythology, the color blue
Music: Hawaiian, Pop/Top 40, Jazz, Dance/Electronica, Classical, Blues, Big Band, Alternative rock
Dislikes: meatloaf, casseroles, pasta salads, lol lygaggers, Love Shack by the B-52s, having nothing to do, close-minded, narrow-minded, hypocritical, sexist idiots, bosses who don't respect/appreciate me and my efforts, the color orange, Florida State U., Michigan U., the Pittsburgh Steelers, and being told that the Dallas Cowboys are "America's Team"
Strengths: Patient, stubborn, high empathy (had to give up dreams of genetic counselor job - couldn't stay objective and unemotional enough), can bench press 90 lbs, compassionate, reasoning/logical, open-minded, skeptical, honest, tenacious, and big-picture thinker who doesn't forget to appreciate the small, daily details
Weaknesses: Easily distracted, try to do too much, lightweight (2+ glasses of wine=sleepy time!), not quick-witted, too serious
Places I've been: England, India, Germany, Italy, Singapore, France, Turkey
Places I'd Like to Go: Czechoslovakia, Greece, Egypt, Japan, Tibet, Australia, New Zealand, Fuji, Canada, Ireland, UAE
Things I'd Like To Do: Learn and know everything, learn how to fly, Make a Difference, never take any of my loved ones for granted, learn to laugh at myself, grow old

"You had me at Dark Chocolate." lol Glad your here!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 May 2010 00:16 #12 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Science Chic

Rockdoc wrote: Well, some of the things you'd like to to are bound to happen sooner or later. While, I find your sharing of all this great, part of me worries about having it all out there like that on the internet..... Talk about being cynical. Hell I should talk. My personal web page pretty much explains everything about me. In fact, now that I think about it, you might find some things I have there rather interesting, being fond of the ocean as you said.

I know what you mean. I deliberately left things out, like more info on my immediate family, unique identifiers, address, full name, etc. It's mostly generic descriptions that could apply to almost anyone out there. I've got my Facebook settings to the most conservative possible, and every once in a while Google my name to see what comes up (just had to request deletion from spokeo.com). My IT guru hubby set up a family website for us years ago and we recently password protected the kids photo albums. You just never know who's looking and stalking...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 May 2010 03:37 #13 by MyMountainTown
Replied by MyMountainTown on topic Science Chic
We do worry about that too. Along with a few other parts of the forum we decided this part of the forum is only viewable to members. We do like getting to know each other but it is always good to be cautious with personal info. Any posts with personal identifiable information will be edited.

Great getting to know you.

285 Bound Staff

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

24 May 2010 08:07 #14 by The Dude
Replied by The Dude on topic Science Chic
Welcome Science Chic!! Great to have you over here!! Looking forward to your posts in The Ring!!

24 May 2010 09:44 #15 by ScienceChic
Thanks Dude! I'm hoping people will actually have conversations with me, and we can learn from each other, instead of my posts getting ignored. I know I post a lot of info at times, and can make people uncomfortable by pointing out deeply held biases that need to be re-examined, but I don't do it to be mean and hope that others will do that for me too!

Thanks SG - if I can make it to the picnic I'll bring something with dark chocolate in it! :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 May 2010 13:57 #16 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Science Chic
Science Chic- I love your posts. I love discussion. That is how you learn.

24 May 2010 14:12 #17 by ScienceChic

CinnamonGirl wrote: Science Chic- I love your posts. I love discussion. That is how you learn.

Thanks CG! You and I have had some fun conversations and I look forward to many more! Just so you know, I'm still chewing on your evolution post that I never responded to - I wanted to give it much thought before responding. Some day...

08 Jul 2010 17:06 #18 by BaconLover
Replied by BaconLover on topic Science Chic

Science Chic wrote: Hmm, I always thought I was more like Bill Nye the Science Guy...

Dislikes: meatloaf, casseroles, pasta salads, lol lygaggers, Love Shack by the B-52s, having nothing to do, close-minded, narrow-minded, hypocritical, sexist idiots, bosses who don't respect/appreciate me and my efforts, the color orange, Florida State U., Michigan U., the Pittsburgh Steelers, and being told that the Dallas Cowboys are "America's Team"

Meatloaf, Casseroles AND pasta salads... You're missing out on the best parts of life!

ps... and the 'Pokes ARE America's team :wink:

08 Jul 2010 18:56 #19 by ScienceChic

ExtremeModerate wrote:

Meatloaf, Casseroles AND pasta salads... You're missing out on the best parts of life!

Hiya Honey! Wondered when you'd finally get here! And to think I almost cut you down in your post in the Republican Ice Age thread - what a missed opportunity! :wink:

11 Jul 2010 20:29 #20 by BaconLover
Replied by BaconLover on topic Science Chic

Science Chic wrote:

ExtremeModerate wrote:

Hiya Honey! Wondered when you'd finally get here! And to think I almost cut you down in your post in the Republican Ice Age thread - what a missed opportunity! :wink:

Does your husband know you call me Honey?? :-) Are most scientists monogamous?

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds