Greetings, Salutations, Hello, Howdy

18 Sep 2011 09:15 #1 by GeekTX
Good Morning Everyone,
To the few people we have met in the real world ... thanks for the wonderful 285 welcome we have received.

For everyone else ... Well here goes the intro ...
As the nic implies ... I am Geek through and through. I have been in Information Technology for close to 3 decades (2 professionally). I am the 100% shareholder (owner) of [url=http://www.quadrivium.us:1sg3sdzk]Quadrivium Technologies, Inc.[/url], we provide IT Department services to the small to medium sized business across Texas, Eastern CO, and South-Central NM. Not only do I absolutely LOVE what I do, I am very passionate about technology and how it can truly make human life better. Momma always taught us to be the absolute best at whatever it is we do.

I was born in Durango, CO to a mother with the soul of a gypsy. My first 6 or 7 years of life were pretty stable until Dad's 18 went off the side of a mountain killing him. From that day forward Mom was always looking but never finding. She moved us around CO for a bit, then to her childhood home in Abilene, TX. That was kind of like home base for her ... any time we moved away she would take us back there. When Dad died Mom received a large SSI check every month to take care of us 3 kids ... combine that with a job and a successful step-dad and you have a recipe for moving whenever and wherever. She would move us anywhere from 2 miles to 2500 miles ... sometimes for a year other times for a few months. By the time I had graduated high school we had moved around 80 times. It has taken a lot of time to break that mold. Mom always seemed to be searching for something that she never found, I can only pray that she found it in the here-after.

After 35 years of being away from these mountains I was finally able to grow my business to a point where I could afford to move home ... not just financially but spiritually and emotionally. This is definitely a change of pace for my family and I. My typical work week before the move consisted of 70-90 hours and anywhere from 1000-2500 miles of travel ... Texas is a _REALLY_ big place, especially with clients all over it. My week is now down to around 45-55 hours and less than 300 miles. Yeah for semi-retirement. Being here I now get to focus on not only what is important to and for my business but I finally get to spend quality time with my children and wife ... after all they are why I do it all.

I am married to a wonderful woman for 22 years now. We have 3 children of our own and 1 we saved from an extremely abusive home that we are adopting. Our eldest daughter is still in Texas with our grandson and the "sperm donor" ... Our 2nd daughter moved with us and brought her fiancé and are expecting a baby in March ... Our 2 boys are enrolled at FMS and PCHS and love it. After being in the city for all these years we all have a lot to learn about living out here and are very excited about it.

We have always had an open heart and open door policy in our home. There are just some things in life that a man has to stand for until the bitter end. I do not tolerate any type of abuse of another person ... Our Mom was murdered in '91 by an abusive and jealous man and left on the side of a creek bank for my brother and I to find. Our adoptive son was abused in every sense of the word by his bio mother and step-dad ... we have had him close to 9 years now and love him like he is our own.

I believe in a fair and equitable barter system, smaller and open government, elimination of the monetary system and Federal Reserve, tightening our borders, getting out of other countries business, legalization ... not just limited decriminalization spottily across the states, the death penalty, punishment befitting of the crime, elimination of all man-made narcotics and prescription drugs with the potential for abuse or lethal side-effects, Family first ... friends second ... others third then self, charity for those that can not do for themselves and none for those that can but won't, give more than you take, leave it like you found it or better, removal of most amendments and a reinstitution of the Constitution. Good Lordy this list could go on for a bit ... but I think you get the general idea of who I am and what I do and stand for.

I look forward to many wonderful conversations and new friends.

Rodney "GeekTX" Rees

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Sep 2011 10:22 #2 by HEARTLESS
Welcome. Sorry to hear about your dad. Maybe you and your family can grow some longer term roots here.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

18 Sep 2011 10:26 #3 by GeekTX

HEARTLESS wrote: Welcome. Sorry to hear about your dad. Maybe you and your family can grow some longer term roots here.

Thanks, our roots will be deeper than the roots on the trees here ... we are here to stay. :) >

18 Sep 2011 12:51 #4 by CC
As a Texas native.....I always say that it is a great place to be FROM. Just got back from a lengthy stay there and just like you......I am glad to be home.
Welcome home and welcome to 285bound.com

18 Sep 2011 18:35 #5 by JMC
Welcome, I think you'll fit right in.

19 Sep 2011 06:11 #6 by homeagain

GeekTX wrote:

HEARTLESS wrote: Welcome. Sorry to hear about your dad. Maybe you and your family can grow some longer term roots here.

Thanks, our roots will be deeper than the roots on the trees here ... we are here to stay. :) >

WELCOME!! As my avatar implies,
I left for a while,but returned with a DEEPER appreciation of my roots. Born here in Colorado,I,too,am home forever....isn't it just the
MOST joyous to be home? :sunshine: :biggrin:

19 Sep 2011 06:25 #7 by GeekTX

homeagain wrote: Born here in Colorado,I,too,am home forever....isn't it just the MOST joyous to be home? :sunshine: :biggrin:

The feeling is indescribable ... I have tried to make it home since graduating high school in '87 and something has always gotten in the way. After Mom was murdered in '91 I managed to get my wife and our only child, at the time, up to Lake Vallecito. I did fine but my wife couldn't handle it ... way too big of a life change and culture shock for her. I can't fault her for it ... she was 19 and had never been away from her hometown or family.
Life is different now though and we are happy to be here.

19 Sep 2011 09:08 #8 by LOL
Glad to have you here Geek, and please jump right in and post. We need more good posters who can write well such as yourself. Durango is one of my favorite Colorado cities.

Welcome to 285!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds