call from EDS - you can't make this up

18 Sep 2011 09:43 #1 by Wily Fox aka Angela
so my husband answers the phone and it's a gal from EDS expressing concern over our cancellation of service (we use them for both trash and recycling). My husband asks "who told you we were canceling? We like our service".

She then replies:

"I sent an email to Angela and it came back saying that you don't live there anymore"

really?

they still had our wispertel email address that has been canceled for quite some time. So an undelivered email = the person has moved.

rofllol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Sep 2011 15:35 #2 by mummydog
I can come close, LOL! We did cancel our service with EDS in late June as we found Mountain View to be both less expensive and, ahem, more punctual. So I call EDS for a refund for July and August service which I had paid in advance for. They say they will get back to me. After two followup calls on my part, the phone rings and it is EDS! Yay! But it is an automated message about July 4 pickup. So, more calls on my part. Finally I get a person who looks into my account and describes the refund, which basically shorts us a month. (We started with Mtn View the first week in July and had closed the EDS account prior) Two more phone calls and then I accidentally got a supervisor who was waiting for a call from someone else...she dealt with the situation right away. With the refund that we eventually received, it paid for a quarter's worth of service from Mountain View.

So, not surprised. We had been with EDS for 18 years. I sense a lot of things have changed.

18 Sep 2011 17:27 #3 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Mtn View kept throwing our trash and cans around the cul-de-sac (breaking one 90 ga can) (anger issues? who knows) so we left and went to EDS and have been very pleased with their service.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds