Can you watch this without flinching?

25 Sep 2011 20:02 #1 by ScienceChic
:biggrin:

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/bike ... 2011-09-23
Can you watch this without flinching?
Video: yet another demonstration that bike racers are utterly mental
Posted by: Matthew Jones, 23 September 2011

In his words: "I saw the dust (at about 200 km/h), lift the throttle. Avoid to hit the crashed driver. Thought to pass the rotating bike also on the left side, but then I realised that it came across the track (it was not flying on the line of the accelerating masses).

"Then braking - not too hard avoiding to be hit by following riders.... Afterwards - of course, full throttle. The race wasn't interrupted yet."

[youtube:2wacoyu8]
[/youtube:2wacoyu8]

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Sep 2011 20:43 #2 by otisptoadwater
I can say it phased me but I wasn't flinching, just in self preservation mode; this is one more example of why I have stopped riding motorcycles on tracks and highways. It's too easy to get run over and end up dead.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds