Hello, I'm 285 Southbound...

28 Jun 2010 20:07 #1 by AlpineMike
Hi, I received a pm on Pinecam and thought I'd join up. I am blessed to be here in the Rocky Mountains and to be part of the Bailey community. Hope to make some more friends here.
Thank You 285bound! :wave:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jun 2010 20:14 #2 by Rockdoc
Well, Welcome aboard the 285Bound express. I'm certain you will be able to find good friends among the community already aboard. So go and have fun and enjoy your journey.

28 Jun 2010 20:27 #3 by Sunshine Girl
Welcome to you. I love you pic in your avatar. Feel free to share a bit more about yourself if you'd like. :sunshine: :wave: :wave: :wave:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

28 Jun 2010 20:47 #4 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Hello, I'm 285 Southbound...
Welcome, AlpineMike! hope you have some fun here

28 Jun 2010 21:06 #5 by AlpineMike
Thanks SG, I think I will share.
I have grown up in Bailey and have lived in the foothills most my life. I enjoy hiking, playing the drums, backpacking, camping, taking photos, and other outdoor activities. I have a passion for the mountains and explore them on a weekly basis. Summit hikes are my favorite, including Colorado 14ers. I like to be physically active and my dog comes along with me.
I enjoy learning about local and statewide history. I collect Colorado maps and enjoy using them.
My parents are the reason I live in the mountains, and I'm very thankful.  :Thanks: :sunshine: I hope that I will have the opportunity to explore the majority of the wilderness areas of Colorado. Alaska is another state I hope to have the opportunity to visit and explore.
I joined 285bound to share my hikes and outdoor experiences with others who enjoy the same.
I typically enjoy hiking only with my dog, but perhaps 285bound friends could join me in a hike sometime. :thumbsup:

29 Jun 2010 09:06 #6 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Hello, I'm 285 Southbound...
I am looking forward to your posting some pictures of your hikes. Like you, I usually hike alone and I have stayed away from groups after one hike was ruined by someone that had to stop every 20 minutes for a smoke and coughing break.. I also prefer weekdays, Lets stay in touch on here and see if a small group could be put together.

29 Jun 2010 10:21 #7 by Sunshine Girl
Rockdoc is an avid hiker as well as some of my lady friends on here. I wonder if there is already a hiking group on here. Your parents did good!! :biggrin: :thumbsup:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds