World Zombie Day October 8th!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!! :)

06 Oct 2011 10:08 #1 by ScienceChic
http://www.worldzombieday.org/
File Attachment:

World Zombie Day, a day when all fans of zombie culture can join together in an international effort to alleviate world hunger. At all World Zombie Day zombie walks, participating living dead are encouraged to bring a non-perishable food item donations for local food banks.

The "It’s Alive Show”, three time World Record Holders for the largest zombie walk ever, will once again spearhead this event from the very birthplace of zombie culture, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.

(Why am I not surprised that Pittsburgh is the birthplace of zombie culture - they do have the Steelers, after all!) rofllol

http://www.livescience.com/16411-zombie ... aphic.html
Zombie Facts: Real and Imagined (Infographic)
LiveScience Staff
Date: 06 October 2011
File Attachment:

Zombies, à la the walking dead, don't exist in the real world, but they have been a big part of pop culture and show up time and again in history and folklore.

While no scientific evidence suggests human zombies exist, there are plenty of zombies in the animal kingdom.

Recent research in a Thai rain forest showed how a parasitic fungi, a species of Ophiocordyceps, forces an infected ant to wander drunkenly over the forest's low leaves before clamping its jaws around the main vein on the underside of a leaf in an ant-zombie graveyard. By watching 16 infected ants bite down, the researchers, who describe their findings in the journal BMC Ecology, found that the ants' last bites took place around Noon, indicating they are synchronized to either the sun or a related cue, like temperature or humidity. Another study found the fungus not only guided timing of death but also the zombie ant's whereabouts, on the undersides of leaves sprouting from the northwest side of plants that grow on the forest floor. That's where temperature, humidity and sunlight are ideal for the fungus to grow and reproduce and infect more ants.

Zombie caterpillars have also been spotted by scientists, with one study revealing the mastermind behind the gypsy moth caterpillar's zombie-like run for treetops once infected with a virus. Turns out, a single gene in the virus turns the caterpillars into tree-climbing zombies. Once up high in the trees, the caterpillars die and their bodies liquefy, raining deadly "zombie" virus onto their brothers and sisters below.

File Attachment:

The Zombie Crawl/Walk scheduled for here in Denver on October 22nd: http://eyeheartbrains.com/ is free, donations are encouraged for the Food Bank of the Rockies

Welcome to the 2011 Zombie Crawl

On Saturday October 22, 2011 at 2:00pm, Denver will be holding the largest Zombie gathering in history at Skyline Park.

Remember, this is an ALL AGES and FREE event. Everyone is welcome. We do however ask that you bring a non-perishable food item to donate to the Food Bank of the Rockies

Please register for this FREE event. We would like to get an accurate count of attendees so we can set the World Record!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Oct 2011 11:17 #2 by Mtn Gramma

Science Chic wrote:

Zombies, à la the walking dead, don't exist in the real world . . .

Oh No!! Say it's not so!!! :faint:

06 Oct 2011 11:23 #3 by HEARTLESS
Am I allowed to head shoot them? :woo hoo:

The silent majority will be silent no more.

06 Oct 2011 16:59 #4 by Local_Historian
Well, I think since they don't really exist, cops may not look too kindly on you shooting people dressed as zombies... just a thought.

If you;ve ne3ver been, head down to 16th street mall, 2pm on October 22nd - we have some great costumes and zombies in our area! I still like the zombie marching band best.

Sister says Cheyenne did their first one last week - a whole busload of zombie schoolgirls in uniforms were there.

06 Oct 2011 20:20 #5 by ScienceChic
Okay, so it was pointed out to me (thank you LH!), that I have no idea what today's date actually is - World Zombie Day is the 8th, today is not the 8th. :faint: Thanks for telling me guys! :biggrin:

Hmmm, Zombie Cheerleaders or Zombie Catholic Schoolgirls - I might be tempted to shoot! :jk2: rofllol

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 Oct 2011 20:25 #6 by otisptoadwater

Science Chic wrote: Okay, so it was pointed out to me (thank you LH!), that I have no idea what today's date actually is - World Zombie Day is the 8th, today is not the 8th. :faint: Thanks for telling me guys! :biggrin:

Hmmm, Zombie Cheerleaders or Zombie Catholic Schoolgirls - I might be tempted to shoot! :jk2: rofllol

Good thing, that gives me just enough time to top off my zombie invasion survival kit! Anyone have 500 yards of concertina wire they aren't using? I know that won't stop em, I just want to slow them down so I can get as many head shots as possible and conserve ammo.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

06 Oct 2011 20:51 #7 by jf1acai
I need some good identifying pictures so I know which ones to shoot, or not.

I wouldn't want to accidentally include some innocent liberals/conservatives (assuming there are such) :wink:

Dang, I guess that should have been alphabetically conservatives/liberals :biggrin:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

08 Oct 2011 10:27 #8 by ScienceChic

jf1acai wrote: I need some good identifying pictures so I know which ones to shoot, or not.

I wouldn't want to accidentally include some innocent liberals/conservatives (assuming there are such) :wink:

Dang, I guess that should have been alphabetically conservatives/liberals :biggrin:

If they're innocent, would they look zombie-like?! :biggrin:

Happy World Zombie Day everyone!! For real this time! tongue:

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds