BBC's Top Gear on the Bolivian Death Road

09 Oct 2011 20:23 #1 by otisptoadwater
The OMG road out of Georgetown is nothing to discount but the majority of the folks you meet on that road are in no hurry and very much interested in everyone getting up and own in one piece, not so much with these folks:

[youtube:3uyj6xet]
[/youtube:3uyj6xet]

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Oct 2011 21:35 #2 by pacamom
That was one of the slowest road trips they did. Not something I would want to do.

09 Oct 2011 21:49 #3 by otisptoadwater
The buses and big trucks on that road gave me a pause, I'm not the world's best off road driver by a long shot and I'm not one to be in a hurry on roads like that one! I love going off road and I really like the respect that others in the US give each other on those roads/trails. It's more about having fun while navigating some scary paths and doing it safely.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.435 seconds