Water Main Break in Evergreen

13 Oct 2011 07:35 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Water Main Break in Evergreen was created by CinnamonGirl
Water main break westbound Hwy 74 at Lewis Ridge Road in Evergreen. Right lane closed. Delays expected. Alt route suggested: Hwy 74 Bear Creek Canyon

Per CDOT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Oct 2011 08:23 #2 by Nobody that matters
That's one big hole they got going....

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

13 Oct 2011 13:05 #3 by Photo-fish

Nobody that matters wrote: That's one big hole they got going....

Huge and getting bigger. The 12" water main was installed in 1963. It is over 16 feet deep and is broken in a few places. I was out there until about 1:30 AM for traffic control and repair support. I almost got creamed twice by folks who don't know how to drive through construction zones. SLOW THE HECK DOWN FOLKS AND HANG UP THE PHONES!!! :angry:

If you know the area, there are a few ways to get around it (frontage road from Hilltop to Lewis Ridge works nice). I don't expect this to be completed by this afternoons rush hour. Honk and wave at the guy in the Packer Hardhat on your way home. :wave: .

Bear Creek Canyon to C-470 to I-70 is a looong detour. If you are coming form I-70 going towards the lake, all lanes are open. You may see occasional shut downs to move equipment or shuttle dirt.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds