More professional staging?

13 Oct 2011 10:25 #1 by bailey bud
I was looking at a few homes in Evergreen - and noticed that just about every place I looked at:
- was recently remodeled
- had such nice (appearing) furniture, you can be almost certain the home is professionally staged.

So I'm wondering - is that a trend there in the market?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Oct 2011 10:26 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic More professional staging?
Oh, for sure. The staging makes alot of difference especially in the high end stuff.

13 Oct 2011 10:36 #3 by bailey bud
well - I'm looking for homes in the 300s --- which is entry-level housing in Evergreen.

Even these places scream "I've been staged...."

13 Oct 2011 10:46 #4 by HEARTLESS
So sitting around in my underwear, drinking brewskis, watching tv and breaking wind won't help sell my home? :biggrin:

The silent majority will be silent no more.

13 Oct 2011 10:54 #5 by Martin Ent Inc
And the prices are staged too...

13 Oct 2011 11:47 #6 by homeagain
In today's market (which has TANKED) anything that will set your home apart is highly recommended. However,staging has been around
for at least 10 or 15 years.....it's the difference between getting FULL asking price and someone coming in and undercutting a bid. The
home has to be well-priced for the market however,OR it will sit on the mls forever.......curbside appeal is also a mandatory factor,or
else they just drive by and will NOT stop.

14 Oct 2011 08:05 #7 by mtn60
Replied by mtn60 on topic More professional staging?
But more often than not when you look very close and scrutinize what has been done. It really isn't anything special or of High quality workmanship / product.
it merely gives the appearance of a well made item or specialized construction technique.
Hence your paying for an illusion that will fade, degrade - fail - and need to be replaced sooner or later.
Examine closely , keep your eyes peeled .
Let the Buyer Beware.

14 Oct 2011 11:00 #8 by Wayne Harrison
I don't see what's wrong with staging. They're trying to make the home look attractive.

When I walk in a home for sale and smell cookies or bread, I like it more.

14 Oct 2011 12:32 #9 by bailey bud
The origin of my comment was not really morality (is it good or bad). Rather - I was thinking about the condition of the market.

A little more than a decade ago, almost none of the homes I looked at were staged.

Now - almost every home I'm looking at is staged (and recently renovated - and not owner occupied).

I suspect that ubiquitous staging points to a fundamental change in the real estate market.

14 Oct 2011 14:05 #10 by homeagain
From an industry standpoint,the WHOLE process is being razed and it is going to get far worse before it gets even slightly better. There
are too many foreclosures(altho Denver metro has improved)and SHADOW INVENTORY that the banks have not even begun to release
into the market flow......the entire process of purchasing a home (from A to Z) has been radically changed,the market,the loan/banking
process,the appraisal,etc. have been re-constructed to make it more difficult to sell/purchase homes. This fubar will have lasting ramifications for YEARS into the future. (I've done alot of research into the problem......for several years now) As we speak, I'm attempting to re-fi again........the FIRST re-fi was done 2 1/2 years ago and I was able to request my own appraiser,use my own
title company and closer for the deal.....NOT ANYMORE.

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds