Conifer/285 Corridor Community Plan from 2002

14 Oct 2011 08:58 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Conifer/285 Corridor Community Plan from 2002 was created by CinnamonGirl
I happened to find this when I was searching for something else. I thought the members here would find it interesting. It looks like it is from 2002.

http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/jeffco/pl ... fer_cp.pdf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Oct 2011 09:15 #2 by Rockdoc
It is interesting indeed considering having recently gone through a house-building project. Fireplaces and wood buring stove proposals got my attention. It is so easy to legislate restrictions without real knowledge of their impact. For example,

Residents with non-complying stoves (prior to 1987) at elevations
of 7000 feet and below should comply with Jefferson
County no-burn days.

. What about all the places up here that have non-complying stoves as their only heat source? Does this mean that such places will either have to upgrade and destroy the character of their home, or go without heat in the winter to comply with no burn days?

You can see here the blueprint for progressive restrictions on a way of life that has existed for a hundred years. New technology is not an option but a legislated standard. Sure it's well intentioned, but let's keep this nonsense limited to new construction and not burden existing homes with the expense of meeting new standards, unless they are willing to pay for the upgrade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds