Snow predictions?

24 Oct 2011 19:59 #11 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Snow predictions?
And here I thought the Campfire was a G rated forum... lol

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Oct 2011 19:59 #12 by Boneyard
Replied by Boneyard on topic Snow predictions?
Don't drink the kool-aid! :Koolaid: Remember all the predictions last year that went north, south, west or east. It may snow, it may not. I am predicting 0 to 36" just play it safe.

24 Oct 2011 20:03 #13 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Snow predictions?
Well it all sounded serious enough to get us on our way to AZ tomorrow instead of Friday. We weren't interested in backing the RV down our dirt road in the snow.

24 Oct 2011 20:14 #14 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Snow predictions?

Boneyard wrote: Don't drink the kool-aid! :Koolaid: Remember all the predictions last year that went north, south, west or east. It may snow, it may not. I am predicting 0 to 36" just play it safe.

That has been my approach to weather predictions especially in Colorado, the only way to know for sure is to wait and see what happens.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

24 Oct 2011 20:36 #15 by archer

otisptoadwater wrote:

Boneyard wrote: Don't drink the kool-aid! :Koolaid: Remember all the predictions last year that went north, south, west or east. It may snow, it may not. I am predicting 0 to 36" just play it safe.

That has been my approach to weather predictions especially in Colorado, the only way to know for sure is to wait and see what happens.

Been there, done that, got caught in a 3 foot snowstorm in October. Nope....we're outa here. Though you are right, with Colorado....the 6-8 inches they predict will end up either a dusting that melts immediately, or a couple feet that refuse to go away. The cold is a bigger issue for us as we didn't want to winterize the RV for just a couple days.

24 Oct 2011 20:41 #16 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Snow predictions?

archer wrote: Well it all sounded serious enough to get us on our way to AZ tomorrow instead of Friday. We weren't interested in backing the RV down our dirt road in the snow.

I'm sad we won't be able to have one more lunch before you go, but wish you safe travels archer! :wave:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Oct 2011 20:47 #17 by archer
Thank you SC......plan on it next May !!

25 Oct 2011 05:46 #18 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Snow predictions?
Snowbird! Flying south for the winter? Haha, enjoy Arizona archer. Have a safe strip. :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

25 Oct 2011 07:34 #19 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Snow predictions?

otisptoadwater wrote:

:thumbsup: Or you could do like VL, and edit your posts after the snowstorm. I predict 8" on top of his cardboard fridge box.

I guess I was wrong, I didn't think we would get a big dump until 10/31. Missed it by that much.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Oct 2011 08:07 #20 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic Snow predictions?
As usual, too much hype for the first snow of the season. It will rain a bit and then snow overnight into the morning. A slightly slushy commute with less than 3 inches on the ground when it is over. :snowsmile:

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds