Dumping my IPhone for Android

23 May 2010 21:21 #11 by PhoneGeek
I love my iPhone, I test phones/service for a living. Yes, Verizon will have the a different version of the iPhone later this year. I wouldn't suggest switching to Verizon for the iPhone right away, Verizon is changing their network to LTE, same network as AT&T and T-Mobile. They may encounter the same network issues AT&T had, l'd let them work network problems out first or you may not be happy. :VeryScared:

Remember with the iPhone to always keep your phone updated with the most current software thru itunes, if you are having issues it could be because you are behind on updates? The Droid is a great phone, I just like the apps and feel of the iPhone better. :biggrin:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 May 2010 13:56 #12 by ScienceChic

PhoneGeek wrote: I love my iPhone, I test phones/service for a living. Yes, Verizon will have the a different version of the iPhone later this year. I wouldn't suggest switching to Verizon for the iPhone right away, Verizon is changing their network to LTE, same network as AT&T and T-Mobile. They may encounter the same network issues AT&T had, l'd let them work network problems out first or you may not be happy. :VeryScared:

Remember with the iPhone to always keep your phone updated with the most current software thru itunes, if you are having issues it could be because you are behind on updates? The Droid is a great phone, I just like the apps and feel of the iPhone better. :biggrin:

Thanks for the info PhoneGeek - I appreciate it!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

28 May 2010 18:31 #13 by pineinthegrass

conifermtman wrote: The Denver area is supposed to get 4G coverage in October or November. 4G will have 3 to 6MB download speeds. Now if they extend that up the 285 corridor, it would also mean I could also dump Qwest for my DSL connection which is only 1.5 MB/sec. With tethering enabled on Android phones you can use the phone as a wifi hotspot.

So once 4G becomes available, can we actually switch from Qwest DSL and use a cell phone for internet and with higher speed? Can it be on all the time like cable and DSL? If so, do you have an idea of the monthly cost?

28 May 2010 23:45 #14 by conifermtman
First Sprint needs to extend the 4G network up the 285 corridor. Then if you get a phone like the HTC EVO you can use it as a hotspot for up to 8 Wifi devices for $30. It you root the phone you may be able to do so for free. As for leaving it on all the time, you may have to look into Overdrive by Sierra Wireless.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds