Seat on first 787 Dreamliner sells for $34,000

25 Oct 2011 21:48 #1 by CinnamonGirl
A single seat on the first commercial flight of Boeing's new 787 Dreamliner has been bought for more than $34,000 in a charity sale organised by Japan's ANA, the company said Tuesday.

http://news.yahoo.com/seat-first-787-dr ... 02287.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Oct 2011 22:03 #2 by ScienceChic
My hubby can't wait to fly on one of these! I don't get it, but then I'm not 6'3" and I don't have to rack up 70K in mileage each year either...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

26 Oct 2011 06:01 #3 by LOL
The 787 is a very cool new Boeing plane. Composite fuselage instead of aluminum, and higher pressure and humidity for comfort. Big windows.

I worked in San Diego for one of Boeing's suppliers a few years ago on the cooling and circulation fans that go into this. There is alot of other new electrical tech in the plane too.

One of the concerns with composites is Lightning and grounding of systems on the plane, since there is no aluminum shell, although the military had experience with that already.

I doubt many of us will get to fly it soon though, it is mostly for over seas flights to New Zealand or Japan.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds