Show Respect

30 Oct 2011 22:00 #1 by Martin Ent Inc
Show Respect was created by Martin Ent Inc
[youtube:sl9hqm0y]
[/youtube:sl9hqm0y]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Oct 2011 22:16 #2 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Show Respect
There is nothing to laugh at there, the personnel selected for that post are drilled and reviewed to a point that would make prancing with the stars or 'Mericas most goodest singers look even more foolish and incompetent.

BZ to those who have earned their posts as sentries at the tomb of the unknown soldier and thank you all for your commitment to honor those who have fallen before our time to serve in defense of the nation!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

30 Oct 2011 22:21 #3 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Show Respect
I have read about them. Very special. After their tour, the rest of their lives are committed to the code.

31 Oct 2011 09:02 #4 by 2wlady
Replied by 2wlady on topic Show Respect
And they are out there in ALL weather conditions. Believe me, Washington DC in the winter time is humid, cold and windy. It just cuts through your bones. And in the summer, often 90+ percent humidity with upper 80's on up for temperature.

It's honoring all our military who gave their lives for the United States of America, especially the unknowns. I'm overcome with gratitude and sadness every time I go there. I always visit the Tomb of the Unknowns after I visit my dad's grave.

31 Oct 2011 10:51 #5 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic Show Respect
How disappointing that people need to be reminded to be respectful.

01 Nov 2011 16:34 #6 by Cheap Yankee
Replied by Cheap Yankee on topic Show Respect
I see a great 2nd career for him...
School teacher! He'd keep those kids in line.

01 Nov 2011 16:42 #7 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Show Respect
It is an amazing thing to see. They do this with absolute perfection 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. They are simply amazing.
It is very sad to watch a Soldier break with tradition to remind a handful of thoughtless people to show respect for what has been so bravely shed for them.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds