On an up side

02 Nov 2011 18:59 - 03 Nov 2011 07:06 #1 by HappyCamper
On an up side was created by HappyCamper
Some of the topics on this website get me all depressed so I thought I would try and start something a little more on the lighter side.

What was the best Christmas gift you have ever gotten?

For me it was my engagement ring it wasn’t big but this past June we celebrated our 25th anniversary and while there have been ups and downs I would not trade him in for a billion dollars.

I did get an upgrade on the ring on my 20th anniversary but still wear the other ring on my other hand

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Nov 2011 20:52 #2 by Norm
Replied by Norm on topic On an up side
I still have the same inexpensive ring that I married my sweetheart with 45 years ago - just yesterday. It's been repaired but it is the very same ring. Our first Christmas we were very poor and I gave him a pair of Levis and he gave me a cutting board.................it was the one thing that I asked for. We were poor but we were so happy.......................and we still are! What a lovely thread HappyCamper.

02 Nov 2011 21:48 #3 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic On an up side
The best Christmas gift I have ever gotten was to be able to spend Christmas day at the hospital with my dad, who was recovering after being transported to the hospital in critical condition.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

02 Nov 2011 22:06 #4 by Hoot Owl
Replied by Hoot Owl on topic On an up side
So does this mean we are skipping Thanksgiving? Why not best gift recieved ever? Why Christmas? They have Christmas PEEPS at the store today. GO SANTA GO SANTA! Capitaisim anyone?

03 Nov 2011 07:08 #5 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic On an up side
Hoot,

Because I started this thread and wanted it to be Christmas gift.

If you don't like Santa start your own thread. lol

03 Nov 2011 09:49 #6 by CC
Replied by CC on topic On an up side
It's a lovely thread.
My best Christmas was getting to spend time with my Mom last year after she survived a stroke and heart attack. She was my gift and continues to be. :)

03 Nov 2011 10:09 #7 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic On an up side
It is a good thread. My best ones were from college when I would fly home to visit family and friends, and take a break from school.

Don't remember any one present, I always most enjoyed watching someone open a gift from me to see their reaction.

Cheers!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

03 Nov 2011 10:12 #8 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic On an up side
Congrats HappyCamper and norma on your anniversaries - that's wonderful!

My best Christmas gift is the memories I have of my family hanging out (after opening our gifts at home, we'd rotate every year gathering at our house, my Uncle's, or my Aunt's with all of my mom's family), playing cards, laughing, eating, and watching football. Now that we're not in the same state anymore, I miss that opportunity and cherish those memories more than any of the gifts that I ever received (though I won't ever forget the huge tin of full-size Snickers bars I got one year, and the Pacman game another!).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 Nov 2011 10:15 #9 by chickaree
Replied by chickaree on topic On an up side
My best Christmas gift was finding out I was pregnant with my oldest child. I sat in the candlelight at church letting the hymns wash over me while tears of joy streamed down my face. All I could think of was how great a blessing it was to celebrate the birth of our Lord knowing that I'd soon be holding a precious baby of my own.

03 Nov 2011 13:30 #10 by ComputerBreath
Replied by ComputerBreath on topic On an up side
There isn't one single gift that is my favorite or what I would call the best.

The one I remember when I think about Christmas is when I got a parakeet from Santa when I was a girl.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds