Do not throw away those old or broken LCDs!

02 Jul 2010 09:58 #1 by computerhounds
If your old desktop flat panel dies or your laptop LCD is broken do not throw them away!
First of all like in the CFL (compact fluorescent light bulbs) there is mercury in all flat panels which the EPA qualifies as a toxic substance. See their website to learn about mercury and mercury spills http://www.epa.gov/hg/spills/ . So do not throw away mercury! It needs to be recycled properly.

Second of all, if an LCD goes dark it is possible that the bulb (yes there is one or two inside) broke. Those bulbs can be replaced at a cheaper cost than replacing the entire unit. Also in a desktop LCD it is possible that the built in power supply happens to be damaged. Again this can be fixed or replaced cheaply.
If you dropped your laptop & the front of the LCD is broken, it does not mean the bulb in the back is broken, so again it can be recycled and reused.
Call us for a quote to repair your LCDs.
Give us a call with all your questions or concerns! 303-219-0143.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jul 2010 10:47 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Do not throw away those old or broken LCDs!
Wow, I had no idea. I did see a program about all those old CRT computer screens and a company that is making alot of money by grinding them up and separating out the metal parts. You can imagine how many there are out there and unlike TVs' Computers upgrade so fast that disposal of the contant changing tech of computers seems to be a waste sometimes.

Great info. Thanks Computer Hounds.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds