Thanksgiving Shopping?

19 Nov 2011 16:23 #1 by FredHayek
Do you plan to retail shop on Thanksgiving day or evening? I don't and think the store employees should get to have the day off to be with thier families.

I am sort of lying, some years I am thankful the grocery stores are still open in the morning if I forgot something for a recipe.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Nov 2011 16:49 #2 by otisptoadwater
All of the shopping is already done, all I have to do is show up at my little brother's place with my turkey fryer, 20 gallons of peanut oil, and three 40 pound bottles of propane. In exchange for frying three turkeys and securing the gear afterward, I'll be rewarded with a fantastic meal, great company, and a romp or two with the Wundermutt and his brother and sister - AFTER I sleep off the meal! Of course there will also be football and that just makes a special day that much more enjoyable!

I appreciate that some stores stay open during holidays but as a rule I try to double check my shopping list several days prior to a holiday to avoid a last minute trip to the store. At least for my family Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve are days that we stay in one place and celebrate the holidays and enjoy each others company.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

19 Nov 2011 17:01 #3 by Martin Ent Inc
The wife has stocked up on enough stuff for a year, but she says when it's on sale better grab it.
we don't do after T day shopping if you can't get it online then you just don't need it. UPS guy and us are on a first name basis.

19 Nov 2011 19:42 #4 by MeadowMouse
Replied by MeadowMouse on topic Thanksgiving Shopping?
We are undecided where to be for the holiday, not to decide on gifts and such. wished it was easy.

19 Nov 2011 21:16 #5 by BadgerKustoms

FredHayek wrote: Do you plan to retail shop on Thanksgiving day or evening? .

Nope, learned many years ago that the best way for me to keep out of jail is to avoid shopping on/after Thanksgiving, and that there is only a minor 2 week period between then and the Christmas holidays where "emergency shopping" is available. "Shopping does not resume until January 12th every year for us. Prep shopping through out the year has its advantages.

Badger

19 Nov 2011 21:24 #6 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Thanksgiving Shopping?
No shopping. Just family and football

20 Nov 2011 07:34 #7 by cydl
Replied by cydl on topic Thanksgiving Shopping?
Wouldn't touch shopping with a 10-ft. pole! We'll stick around the homestead.

20 Nov 2011 22:22 #8 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic Thanksgiving Shopping?
Nope, I do not have enough pills to get me through that BS. Went once, never again.

21 Nov 2011 08:33 #9 by ComputerBreath
Never have I shopped Thanksgiving weekend...can't stand the crowds.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds