How does our food define us?

07 Jul 2010 12:09 #1 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jul 2010 14:29 #2 by Neytiri
I watch my diet carefully each day and I don't eat a lot of sweets. I buy organic to support the organic farmers out there that are trying to do good for us and the planet. I did read somewhere once that Greece has the healthiest babies born with the least amount of birth defects.

Eywa has heard you... Eywa has heard you!

07 Jul 2010 19:18 #3 by FoothillsRealtor
Great site, thanks for sharing - also check out this one

the "mood food" connection -
http://www.naturalnews.com/029117_moods_happiness.html :thumbsup:

Sophia S Paul, Broker Associate
Home Real Estate
Bailey, CO
303-838-3322           

08 Jul 2010 06:14 #4 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic How does our food define us?
Really like the site SG. A book that I really enjoyed was "The History of Taste" Paul Freedman edited it. Fascinating essays on the evolution of our taste in food.

08 Jul 2010 10:50 #5 by ScienceChic

JMC wrote: A book that I really enjoyed was "The History of Taste" Paul Freedman edited it. Fascinating essays on the evolution of our taste in food.

I'll add that to my Amazon wish list too - thanks!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds