A Flash Mob in the Conifer Safeway & King Soopers!

04 Jan 2012 21:03 #11 by Hoot Owl
Edit to add I am talking to Badger

Oh Really? What difference does it make? It made me smile. Kids doing something fun and spreading good cheer is not a bad thing.

Badger? Who needs a CCW? I know all I need to know. ReadyShootAIM. I hope you were kidding. But as a side note if you have some guns for sale let me know. Christmas carollers aways piss me off, they make me smile and then eat all the cookies.

We were the victims of a flashmob Christmas eve. 3 kids came carolling to my Moms home, in a small retirement community south of here. They took their cookies and were shocked when 10 of us broke into song. We mobbed them back! Heckuva an alternative to Badgers idea.

GRUMPY BUTTS UNITE! The Caucus is at Badgers house. Badger for president of Park CO :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jan 2012 21:27 #12 by Martin Ent Inc

04 Jan 2012 21:36 #13 by BadgerKustoms

Hoot Owl wrote: Edit to add I am talking to Badger

Oh Really? What difference does it make? It made me smile. Kids doing something fun and spreading good cheer is not a bad thing.

Badger? Who needs a CCW? I know all I need to know. ReadyShootAIM. I hope you were kidding. But as a side note if you have some guns for sale let me know. Christmas carollers aways piss me off, they make me smile and then eat all the cookies.

We were the victims of a flashmob Christmas eve. 3 kids came carolling to my Moms home, in a small retirement community south of here. They took their cookies and were shocked when 10 of us broke into song. We mobbed them back! Heckuva an alternative to Badgers idea.

GRUMPY BUTTS UNITE! The Caucus is at Badgers house. Badger for president of Park CO :lol:

(Quoted properly... so you know exactly who the hell I'm talking to.....)

Are you seriously without a clue concerning the crime associated with flash mobs? Are you completely unaware of current tactics being discussed by local law enforcement agencies on a national level? Does the logic of such a thing, even with the two questions I've now offered, not trigger a logical deduction that there is a potential PROBLEM with "flash mobs"?

You can hope I'm kidding all you want, but then you'd only be kidding yourself. I'll readily admit that masses moving in synchronized fashion in a seemingly 'fun loving' manner are a slight phobia of mine, (a.k.a. line dancing), but combine that with a sort of spontaneous act instead of fencing them off like at the Grizzly Rose and you'll see me kick in to "drop all non-necessities, grab loved ones, and destroy any impedance from the exit" mode.... let me assure you that is an EXTREMELY dangerous situation.

Now back to the topic at hand of "flash mobs" and I'd suggest you do some personal research which will reveal my "phobia" isn't entirely without justification. Particularly the area of using this activity as distractions and such for acts of a criminal nature.

So now you know god d*** well who you're talking to, ball is in YOUR court. Come correct or don't at all.

Badger

04 Jan 2012 21:57 #14 by Hoot Owl

BadgerKustoms wrote:

Hoot Owl wrote: Edit to add I am talking to Badger

(Quoted properly... so you know exactly who the hell I'm talking to.....)

Are you seriously without a clue concerning the crime associated with flash mobs? Are you completely unaware of current tactics being discussed by local law enforcement agencies on a national level? Does the logic of such a thing, even with the two questions I've now offered, not trigger a logical deduction that there is a potential PROBLEM with "flash mobs"?

You can hope I'm kidding all you want, but then you'd only be kidding yourself. I'll readily admit that masses moving in synchronized fashion in a seemingly 'fun loving' manner are a slight phobia of mine, (a.k.a. line dancing), but combine that with a sort of spontaneous act instead of fencing them off like at the Grizzly Rose and you'll see me kick in to "drop all non-necessities, grab loved ones, and destroy any impedance from the exit" mode.... let me assure you that is an EXTREMELY dangerous situation.

Now back to the topic at hand of "flash mobs" and I'd suggest you do some personal research which will reveal my "phobia" isn't entirely without justification. Particularly the area of using this activity as distractions and such for acts of a criminal nature.

So now you know god d*** well who you're talking to, ball is in YOUR court. Come correct or don't at all.

Badger

Yeah I knew who I was talking to. I know how to quote. I was just to lazy to go back and edit my post after 2 posts came in after mine.

Now that I understand your phobia of crowds my question still stands. Gotta gun for sale?

I doubt those kids singing Christmas carols had ulterior motives. Did your purse get lifted?

Heard about that, hopefully with a video the police will have some leads. Still not too late to get your concealed carry permit everyone

.Sorry about that. What crime happened, and what would you have done to prevent it? The ladies pushing shopping carts look guilty to me.
I think the little blonde lady with the shopping cart looked guilty

04 Jan 2012 22:01 #15 by Blazer Bob

BadgerKustoms wrote: [

Badger

Badger, I know exactly what you are talking about and do not disagree. However after watching the beginning of the vid I think the title was completely tongue in cheek. IMO the caroling was entirely too good to have been anything but a practiced caroling group.

04 Jan 2012 22:20 #16 by BadgerKustoms

Hoot Owl wrote: Now that I understand your phobia of crowds my question still stands. Gotta gun for sale?

No.

Hoot Owl wrote: I doubt those kids singing Christmas carols had ulterior motives. Did your purse get lifted?

No, not mine but there are cases of others I've read about.

Hoot Owl wrote: Sorry about that. What crime happened, and what would you have done to prevent it?

There seem to be many cases of various shop lifting and of course violent crimes co-ordinated from social media sites, some events seem random and fun loving with the actual 'crime' not realized until much later. Some argue that those performing criminal acts are mere opportunists and others say there is a strong possibility these things were strategic implements of distraction. Let's face it, the internet has essentially made the world much smaller, and in some ways scarily organized.

As for what I would do to prevent it?... Well honestly I don't have a definitive answer for that unless I was in the situation. My immediate thoughts and actions, would be evacuating those I care about, and of course they've been "trained" (for lack of a better word) to obey, and pray for a non-instinctive reaction on my part to any 'impedance' that might possibly occur.
Yes that is my own problem/issue and I'd admit the possibility of innocence and injury due to this phobia, but in such a situation, I can't exactly be "talked down", I just have to go through my motions and then spoken to once I've reached what I deem a safe-zone.

Now, same situation and I'm alone? Observations would of course be more sharp than average being I have no personal interests beside myself to focus on. I'd still most likely evacuate as I'm not going to try to take on a horde if I don't have to. Ignore the organized 'distraction' and look for anyone else moving around and quickly discern why and what their actions are. Make a mental note of physical characteristics and what if any items are in their hands. Be able to confidently recall these mental pictures to present to police when you file a report of any crime witnessed... That's probably the best answer I can offer.

Badger

04 Jan 2012 22:32 #17 by BadgerKustoms

neptunechimney wrote:
Badger, I know exactly what you are talking about and do not disagree. However after watching the beginning of the vid I think the title was completely tongue in cheek. IMO the caroling was entirely too good to have been anything but a practiced caroling group.

Fair point, and yet the video pans around lightly.... is it looking for people's reactions and smiles or could it be a study guide to reference that people are in fact paying attention to the carolers and NOT potential key areas of sticky-handed interest? These same carolers could be well known by some, and 'contracted' to perform the same act in an area of key interest and unbeknownst to them, those in the 'know' have the ulterior motives.

Sure that theory sounds borderline paranoid, but to say its not plausible perhaps isn't such a good idea when you think about it. Just saying. I agree, this particular case perhaps was pure fun and enjoyment to all with no ill intent. But I simply encourage others to look beyond smoke and mirrors, find the secrets, and ponder the possibility of what you don't directly see.

Badger

05 Jan 2012 06:47 #18 by homeagain
I believe Badger has a VERY valid point......it is sad that an idea,which brought joy and smiles to all who witnessed a "flash mob", NOW
creates suspicion and paranoia. Theft has NOW created a new platform to operate from.......I think the only way to mitigate the
suspicion is this.....the major organizers of the "flash mob" should select NON-RETAIL locations,but even then, 'pick-pockets' could
operate under the radar.....it is SAD commentary on our society as a whole. JMO......the massive "flash-mob in Chicago,that performed
Black-eye Peas "Its going to be a good,good day".......was in deed, JOY RISING. SAD that can't be the case for the rest of the venues.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds