A Huge thanks to our Scanner Team

09 Jan 2012 19:16 #21 by ScienceChic

Sunshine Girl wrote: Can we get scanner info on our cell phones by any chance?

Hey SG! I want to mention that we are also trying to make it a bigger priority to put timely information up on our 285Bound Facebook page and Twitter account , so if you have Liked/Followed those, you'll get the updates that way too. If you check out our FB page, you'll see that we had some great comments on Saturday by fans that really helped - we encourage anyone to post what they experience for themselves out on the road either on those types of posts on FB, or on the Traffic, Cams, and Road Conditions thread like jf1acai mentioned. Our hope was that we would get better and better at letting each other know what's happening out there! I myself didn't know how bad it was getting on Saturday until a friend of mine posted that she did a 180 somewhere along 285, had miraculously not hit anyone (or anyone hit her) and was waiting for her BF to come rescue her - that kind of information is invaluable!

As well, that first post in the Traffic, Cams, and Road Conditions thread is meant to serve as a "check here before heading out" information resource. It's got links to CDOT apps for your smart phones, other Twitter feeds that we've found to be useful, and our favorite cameras and variable message signs along 285 and C470. We hope they come in handy!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2012 19:18 #22 by Sunshine Girl

Becky wrote: Yes you can listen on your cell phone if you have a smartphone.

Just go to your market icon.
Search for Radio Reference.
Download the app and follow the instructions on how to get to Colorado Jefferson County Mountain area feed.

I listen all the time when I am out in the field working.

SG....call me if you need any help and I can talk you through it.

303-816-2273

Hey Becky, I can't figure it out. Called and left a message for you.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

09 Jan 2012 19:20 #23 by CC
I will call right after dinner.

17 Jan 2012 07:18 #24 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic A Huge thanks to our Scanner Team

A tweet I wanted to share. https://twitter.com/#!/285bound

17 Jan 2012 07:54 #25 by RenegadeCJ
Ok, can you give a better explanation of how to get the scanner app? Is it available on the iphone app store? I can't find anything called "radio reference"...course I may be blind!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

17 Jan 2012 08:06 #26 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic A Huge thanks to our Scanner Team
Well there are several ways to get info. I think the best way to go at it is to subscribe to the your choice of scanner forums.
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/Forums/viewforum.php?f=46 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewforum.php?f=46<!-- l -->

Anytime a scanner posts you should get an email that way.

If you use radio reference you will have to listen to the info.

Jeffco feeds are here. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?ctid=270
Park County are here. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?ctid=287

Some updates are also posted on Twitter and Facebook .

17 Jan 2012 09:23 #27 by imaryd
I'm new to the area, just what is the scanner team.

17 Jan 2012 10:47 #28 by Mtn Gramma
An amazing group of individuals who monitor all things scanner related (road conditions, fire reports, etc.) that may impact our lives. They post that information here on the website.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds