A Huge thanks to our Scanner Team

09 Jan 2012 10:44 #11 by LOL
Thanks for the scanner info guys (and gals)! And thanks for posting the mile marker reference in your sig lines- Excellent idea. That is a great help.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2012 16:49 #12 by Sunshine Girl
Thank you for everything you do scanner team!!!!!!!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

09 Jan 2012 18:05 #13 by mountaindollar
Thanks so much and thanks for the mile marker thing it will help out a lot wish I had been paying attention and knew about it earlier.

Just an FYI the folks that left our house a 4:00 on Saturday did not get home to their house near Wash Park until 8:00 becasue of the detour.

They were in good spirits and thought of it as an adventure but did tell us the next road trip we will be going to town.

So keep up the great work we love ya!

09 Jan 2012 18:19 #14 by Sunshine Girl
Can we get scanner info on our cell phones by any chance?

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

09 Jan 2012 18:42 #15 by jf1acai
I think that providing emergency information is a very important service of a community website, and I believe that 285Bound excels at it. As a member of the scanner team, I know that we work hard to provide accurate and timely information, and we appreciate suggestions on how to improve what we do - we also much appreciate recognition for our efforts :biggrin:

There is no way that the scanner team can be aware of everything that is happening in the area covered by 285Bound at all times, which is one of the reasons for the Traffic, Cams, & Road Conditions! thread in The Campfire. When you see or hear eyewitness accounts of situations important to the community, please post the information there to help everyone in the community.

Thank You!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

09 Jan 2012 18:46 #16 by jf1acai

Yes, you can!

I do not have a smart phone, so I will have to let Becky or someone else explain how that works.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

09 Jan 2012 18:54 #17 by Sunshine Girl

jf1acai wrote:

Yes, you can!

I do not have a smart phone, so I will have to let Becky or someone else explain how that works.

Awesome! I could really use that. I took my girls and some of their friends to the mall the other night when it was snowing and Chocolove kept me in the loop on Facebook of the conditions on 285.

09 Jan 2012 18:56 #18 by CC
Yes you can listen on your cell phone if you have a smartphone.

Just go to your market icon.
Search for Radio Reference.
Download the app and follow the instructions on how to get to Colorado Jefferson County Mountain area feed.

I listen all the time when I am out in the field working.

SG....call me if you need any help and I can talk you through it.

303-816-2273

09 Jan 2012 19:01 #19 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic A Huge thanks to our Scanner Team
One other thing you can do is join our email list at the top of the forum but you should for sure subscribe to the scanner forum you will get an email whenever they post a new thread.

http://285bound.com/Forums/email_sub.php

09 Jan 2012 19:15 #20 by Sunshine Girl

CinnamonGirl wrote: One other thing you can do is join our email list at the top of the forum but you should for sure subscribe to the scanner forum you will get an email whenever they post a new thread.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/email_sub.php " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">email_sub.php<!-- l -->

Done! Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds