Just a quick one.

10 Jan 2012 19:14 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Just a quick one. was created by CinnamonGirl
I usually do not talk about my private life too much on here but I just want to say my ex's mother died today. She and her husband were married for 62 years. She was a really good person. And as much as I know 88 years is a long life. 50 of them were either in a wheel chair or a walker.

Her husband got there ten minutes before she died. They said he held her hand and then he said his goodbyes and her eyes flickered then she peacefully left this earth.

Just wanted to say thanks Betty for being a very kind mother in law to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jan 2012 19:18 #2 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Just a quick one.
Awesome and touching. I'm always envious of those who managed to work through such a long married life together.

10 Jan 2012 19:20 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Just a quick one.
They were very devoted to each other. He took care of her for a long time when she was sick.

10 Jan 2012 19:35 #4 by ShilohLady
Replied by ShilohLady on topic Just a quick one.
It sounds like her passing was peaceful, you can take comfort in that. No matter the age, whether the passing is expected or not, it's always tough. Take care and know that you and your ex's family are in my prayers.

10 Jan 2012 21:27 #5 by Lonewolf Field Services HVAC
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and her family.

10 Jan 2012 21:48 #6 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Just a quick one.
My condolences, there is no easy way to deal with the loss of a family member or a close friend. I wish you and your family peace and comfort in this trying time. It has been my experience that this kind of loss is never forgotten but over time you will find ways to remember and honor those we have lost and find comfort in their memorial.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

11 Jan 2012 06:04 #7 by cydl
Replied by cydl on topic Just a quick one.
My condolences, CG :tulip:

11 Jan 2012 07:55 #8 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Just a quick one.
Just helping my kids through it. But you know they always handle death better than I do.

Even though my ex and I are not together anymore, I just wanted to say something about her. Everyone deserves a send off. And being married 62 years in today's world is a huge accomplishment. I am feeling very bad for her husband right now. He is in his nineties. What a hard thing to deal with.

11 Jan 2012 09:41 #9 by mtnvicky
Replied by mtnvicky on topic Just a quick one.
62 yrs - amazing ! Very special. So sorry, CG, for your loss. Sending loving thoughts and hugs.

11 Jan 2012 10:05 #10 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Just a quick one.
My condolences on your and your families loss and to their friends as well.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds