Breaking News: Cruise ship runs aground off Italy

18 Jan 2012 11:22 #2 by CinnamonGirl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jan 2012 06:40 #3 by znovkovic
can't wait to see the spoofs about the captain :)

19 Jan 2012 06:50 #4 by Nobody that matters

znovkovic wrote: can't wait to see the spoofs about the captain :)

They're calling him "the chicken of the sea"

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

19 Jan 2012 07:27 #5 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Breaking News: Cruise ship runs aground off Italy
He really is an idiot and took a cruise ship joy riding. How does someone get away with that without anyone knowing?

19 Jan 2012 08:55 #6 by cydl
Did you see the New York Post headline this morning? Picture of the captain under which is: "CHICKEN OF THE SEA"

rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol

19 Jan 2012 08:56 #7 by cydl
Duh - sorry nobody! Didn't see your post right away!

19 Jan 2012 09:26 - 19 Jan 2012 09:38 #8 by Nobody that matters

CinnamonGirl wrote: He really is an idiot and took a cruise ship joy riding. How does someone get away with that without anyone knowing?

His approved "Tourist Navigation" on the last cruise actually took the ship closer to land in this same spot than this disasterous detour did. So, the cruise line approved the detour last time, and the captain figured it would be OK again.

It wasn't.

The ship's operator, Crociere Costa SpA, has accused Schettino of causing the wreck by making the unapproved detour, and the captain has acknowledged carrying out what he called a "tourist navigation" that brought the ship closer to Giglio. Costa has said such a navigational "fly by" was done last Aug. 9-10, after being approved by the company and Giglio port authorities.

However, Lloyd's List Intelligence, a leading maritime publication, said Wednesday its tracking of the ship's August route showed it actually took the Concordia slightly closer to Giglio than the course that caused Friday's disaster.

"This is not a black-and-white case," Richard Meade, editor of Lloyd's List, said in a statement.

"Our data suggests that both routes took the vessel within 200 yards of the impact point and that the authorized route was actually closer to shore."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/01/19 ... z1jvHbodrT

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

19 Jan 2012 09:32 #9 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Breaking News: Cruise ship runs aground off Italy
It sort of reminds me of this Speed 2

[youtube:286vtyqz]
[/youtube:286vtyqz]

19 Jan 2012 18:57 #10 by Sunshine Girl
Looks like his "spending time" with his much younger female companion is coming out. I'm sure we'll be hearing about their long affair very soon. Idiot.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds