I believe in Tim Tebow, the person we can emulate

25 Jan 2012 09:01 #1 by Rockdoc
So many words have been written and opinions expressed about a young man's football skills or lack thereof. Relatively little is written about who Tim is as a person. Today I read more about Tim, the person, not the football player. I was touched deeply by what I read and hope you take time to learn something about the real person not the football persona. What he does leaves me humbled by my own short comings. What do you think about Tim as a person?

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7455 ... ven=twelve

No, I've come to believe in Tim Tebow for what he does off a football field, which is represent the best parts of us, the parts I want to be and so rarely am.

Every week, Tebow picks out someone who is suffering, or who is dying, or who is injured. He flies these people and their families to the Broncos game, rents them a car, puts them up in a nice hotel, buys them dinner (usually at a Dave & Buster's), gets them and their families pregame passes, visits with them just before kickoff (!), gets them 30-yard-line tickets down low, visits with them after the game (sometimes for an hour), has them walk him to his car, and sends them off with a basket of gifts.

Home or road, win or lose, hero or goat.

I'm a 100 percent believer. Not in his arm. Not in his skills. I believe in his heart, his there-will-definitely-be-a-pony-under-the-tree optimism, the way his love pours into people, right up to their eyeballs, until they believe they can master the hopeless comeback, too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jan 2012 12:03 #2 by Rockdoc
Interesting and telling silence. I guess when someone does so much good it's not worthy of discussion much less acknowledgment I take away from this that it's so much easier and satisfying to rip a persona th.an offer praise

25 Jan 2012 13:08 #3 by bailey bud
agreed
it's hard not to admire this guy.

Personally - I like his character a lot more than - say a quarterback who serially dates (and impregnates) supermodels......

25 Jan 2012 13:19 #4 by ProudGammy
I too am in awe of Tim Tebow.
Yes he has is off games and yes he frustrates me as a Bronco's fan, but...
What he does and how he chooses to live his life is so touching. He seems to be such a good person, with a huge heart.
I am a Tebow fan, not just for football, but as a person I strive to be like.
I am so looking forward to next season, to see how he grows as a quarterback. I just hope he doesn't change who he is.

25 Jan 2012 17:26 #5 by Rockdoc
It is Tebow as a person that impresses. While, I like the Broncos and think that Tebow will make a fine QB as he grows into it, it pales by comparison and is relatively unimportant.

25 Jan 2012 17:34 #6 by Martin Ent Inc
I think he is a pretty well put together kid.

25 Jan 2012 19:54 #7 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic I believe in Tim Tebow, the person we can emulate

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Today I read more about Tim, the person, not the football player. I was touched deeply by what I read and hope you take time to learn something about the real person not the football persona. What he does leaves me humbled by my own short comings. What do you think about Tim as a person?

Honestly..I've never in my life been impressed by another man. Not even my father who flew Americas best jet fighters in two wars, was one of the first guys on earth to go supersonic, was a finalist to enter the Astronaut program and finished up a 777 captain. Nope- Never been humbled by another mans acomplishments either.

Now women are a different story- I'm impressed by mothers. Good mothers like my wife know more about life, love and relationships than Tim Tebow will ever know. Tim Tebows just a dumb kid, a pampered prima donna- What does he know about anything? Getting all emotional and tearing up over Tim Tebow is like getting emotional and being inspired by a Brady Bunch episode or something..

Ridiculous.

25 Jan 2012 21:19 #8 by Sunshine Girl
Six of us (Rock and me, my two daughters and two of their friends) all went to the Brad Paisley concert last Sat. night and Tebow made a surprise appearance and my 15 year old daughter went nuts. She's already planning the wedding. I think she might just have a huge crush. She ordered a fathead of him to put on her wall that should come tomorrow. She might just end up sleeping with the light on to look at him. :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

25 Jan 2012 21:57 #9 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic I believe in Tim Tebow, the person we can emulate

Sunshine Girl wrote: Six of us (Rock and me, my two daughters and two of their friends) all went to the Brad Paisley concert last Sat. night and Tebow made a surprise appearance and my 15 year old daughter went nuts. She's already planning the wedding. I think she might just have a huge crush. She ordered a fathead of him to put on her wall that should come tomorrow. She might just end up sleeping with the light on to look at him. :heart:

Well there's no doubt that he's a fine young man and he's certainly a refreshing change from all the thugs and gangbangers in the league- and he's definately in the top 250 in world when it comes to playing quarterback and thats quite an acomplishment, but unfortunately for him there are not 250 teams in the NFL, there are only 32.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds