King Soopers drove me nuts in the parking lot today.

06 Feb 2012 09:29 #11 by 2wlady
Public street, you can park wherever. Might be helpful to clear out more than one spot, maybe one-half extra and ask neighbors to do the same. Some will help, some won't. Nature of the human beast.

Re parking too close. My note is a little less confrontational: Next time, leave a can opener. I had someone come into the restaurant and find me. She was a waitress there, so should have been parked in the back forty anyway. I told the manager I wouldn't be back. And I wasn't. Of course, a roach scurrying across the table may have had a little to do with my decision, too. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Feb 2012 14:19 #12 by MsMAM
I thought this would be about the one in Aspen Park. I was there on Saturday, and it was a mess. They didn't do a lot of snow removal, so it was one giant mud puddle.

06 Feb 2012 15:43 #13 by RenegadeCJ
Kings always has trouble with snow removal since they are so busy. People parking and driving in the snow really hamper removal. I know a snow plow driver who hates plowing Kings because of all the people. He much prefers plowing safeway. Nobody is there to get in the way of his plow!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

06 Feb 2012 15:47 #14 by MsMAM

RenegadeCJ wrote: Kings always has trouble with snow removal since they are so busy. People parking and driving in the snow really hamper removal. I know a snow plow driver who hates plowing Kings because of all the people. He much prefers plowing safeway. Nobody is there to get in the way of his plow!

I'm sure. It was just yucky.

06 Feb 2012 18:47 #15 by abc
You Denver folk need to do it like us Bostonians. When it snows, you shovel a spot on the street for your car. When you need to leave the space you put a lawn chair in the shoveled spot. Unwritten law that the spot is "reserved". Wacky concept but it truly worked!

06 Feb 2012 19:26 #16 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic King Soopers drove me nuts in the parking lot today.
A lawn chair would have worked. I don't want to be mean about it but jeez it takes alot of time to shovel and I wouldn't care if me and my other three neighbors weren't the only people in the area talking at least a block or two to shovel out in front of our house. I think my annoyance is that so few of my neighbors shovel.

07 Feb 2012 01:35 #17 by Cheap Yankee
You mentioned a possible ordinance for the municipality/county where you reside.
Call code enforcement - problem solved.
Won't win you any points with some of your neighbors, but your stress over the lack of shoveling will be diminished. We all have to choose our battles.

07 Feb 2012 19:04 #18 by Beeks
Who has sidewalks up here?

07 Feb 2012 19:06 #19 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic King Soopers drove me nuts in the parking lot today.

Cheap Yankee wrote: You mentioned a possible ordinance for the municipality/county where you reside.
Call code enforcement - problem solved.
Won't win you any points with some of your neighbors, but your stress over the lack of shoveling will be diminished. We all have to choose our battles.

True... I really don't know if I want to do that or not. I need to get through winter then problem solved til next year.

07 Feb 2012 20:22 #20 by pineinthegrass
Maybe I was unknowingly being a jerk, but when I lived in a neighborhood in Reno I didn't usually shovel the sidewalk unless there was a whole lot of snow, which didn't happen much.

It seemed to me that it's easy to walk on a few inches of snow. If you shovel it, then the snow near by melts onto the spot you just shoveled clean, and then creates ice in cold weather.

So I'd rather walk on snow than ice.

Did I miss something? I really didn't know about proper snow etiquette before then having come from Calif.

And up here, there are no sidewalks near me, so no worries other than clearing my very long driveway so I can get out.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds