Whitney Houston died. :(

11 Feb 2012 18:36 #1 by Sunshine Girl
Very sad. She had such a troubled life at the end. RIP :heart:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/30 ... etail.html

I just read earlier today that there was talk of her being a possible judge on the X Factor. My favorite song of hers was "The Greatest Love of All."

[youtube:1ig3oejq]
[/youtube:1ig3oejq]

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Feb 2012 18:53 #2 by Wily Fox aka Angela
She's had a tough fight with addiction. It is so sad. It shows just how overpowering it is - to have someone, so beautiful and talented, succumb. She went back into rehab again last year.

One of my favorite movies is Waiting to Exhale and the soundtrack is on my favorite list, too.

RIP Whitney

11 Feb 2012 19:47 #3 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic Whitney Houston died. :(
Great example of what $$ can do. Being rich isn't all it is cracked up to be. Very sad.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

11 Feb 2012 20:58 #4 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Whitney Houston died. :(
My favorite song was "I will always love you", and the only movie I saw her in was "The bodyguard" which I really like. But maybe because it had Kevin Costner in it.

12 Feb 2012 09:16 #5 by Martin Ent Inc
It is sad about $$. Look at all the "stars" that just couldn't/can't handle it.

She could definately sing our National Anthem better than anyone.

12 Feb 2012 11:18 #6 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Whitney Houston died. :(
:sunshine:

pacamom wrote: My favorite song was "I will always love you", and the only movie I saw her in was "The bodyguard" which I really like. But maybe because it had Kevin Costner in it.

Backstory to that song....the song was penned and originally sung by Dolly Parton, it was her tribute to Porter waggoner,her close
friend in country,western gendre. They had a falling out of sorts and Dolly felt very bad that the friendship had ended.....If I have my
facts correct......Kevin Costner was VERY adamant about having Whitney play the lead in this movie and fought to have her as his
co-star.....because he couldn't envision anyone else in the part. Dolly Parton had stated MANY times that she was eternally grateful
to Whitney for bringing the "limelight" to her song.

12 Feb 2012 17:03 #7 by JSG
Replied by JSG on topic Whitney Houston died. :(
Wanna bet she started with marijuana?

12 Feb 2012 18:16 #8 by ComputerBreath
The first time I heard a Whitney song was in September or October of 1985. I was in Technical School at Keesler Air Force Base in Mississippi. One of the gals in my squadron came into the hang-out joint called The Tiger's Den singing Saving All My Love for You. I thought what a beautiful song and asked her who sang it. When she told me Whitney Houston sang it, I was hooked.

Then I remember hearing The Greatest Love of All and whenever I heard it, chills just danced up and down my spine.

What a beautiful voice and talent. RIP just seems...not enough.

12 Feb 2012 20:06 #9 by Crazy Heart
Very sad story. I feel bad for her daughter.
I remember the eighties and nineties and music videos,she is a very talented lady.

12 Feb 2012 20:24 #10 by ScienceChic
Waiting To Exhale and The Bodyguard were good, as was The Preacher's Wife. Fun fact: The Preacher's Wife is the best selling gospel album of all time.

It's so hard to believe that someone who started out in gospel, who was so deeply spiritual, could've lost their way so badly. I've seen the tabloid stories about her daughter already starting down that path, and while I hope that they are only rumors, I also hope that if they are true that, if any good comes of losing her mother too early, that this a wake up call to reverse course.

RIP Whitney with the golden, blessed voice. You were an original and the world is a little less talented at your loss.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds