True letter by my bro

23 May 2010 20:31 #1 by LopingAlong
Every familiy has a touch of whacky in 'em, right? Here's proof from my own...

Bushnell Repair,

Tears are streaming down my face as I wrap and package my Serengeti’s to be shipped off to an unknown fate, so Please see what you can do to fix these poor sunglasses. These are my 3rd (and very favorite) pair of Pisa’s over a 4 year period. The 1st pair were stolen by the husband of a gal I was dating (who knew it would make him mad enough to steal another man’s shades? That’s just wrong!) The 2nd pair, I had for two years, until they got angry with me and decided to escape into the wilds of the Oregon Mountains while I was hunting a couple of years ago…. I have not seen or heard from them since. (I just didn’t realize how sensitive they were about the whole hunting thing, an innocent mistake I assure you) This pair, well, they’re very special to me, and oh, the things they have seen, like the birth of 2 of my Grandchildren, (well not the actual birth, that would just be way to weird, but you get the point), the college graduation of my oldest son, the high school graduation of my youngest son, and even a divorce…..remember the whole husband thing? Huh, well, it seemed to really make my wife mad too, go figure!! As you can see, I am very passionate about my Serengeti Pisa’s, and I would never have neglected them or intentionally put them in harms way…. That’s not to say I don’t occasionally drop them, knock them off my face, clean them with a paper towel or let small children drool on them, but there is always much love. They love it when I lay them on the dash of my WRX and I power through a tight curve and they sling across the dash and crash into the passengers door….oh how they smile, they literally almost “crack up”!!

Okay seriously, I have only had these for about a year and the frame has cracked by both temples near the bottom of the hinge. I have looked everywhere to find another pair, but just can’t find any. I wear these sunglasses every single day, and have never found a pair that fits as good as Serengeti Pisa’s (except, maybe Revo Discerns) which I really can’t afford to pay $300.00 for.

I don’t have my receipt anymore and am willing to pay to have these repaired, even though I doubt they can be. (Gorilla glue and Duct tape maybe??) Oh, and please forgive the Bolle’ box, but I had to find something to wear while these are being repaired…. : )

Are you feeling my pain here?? It was the Bolle’ box that got to you wasn’t it? : )

These honestly are my 3rd pair of these exact glasses, they are awesome, so please see what you can do with them, or let me know if I can purchase another pair somewhere.

Have a great day and thanks for your help!

I have included $5.00 for return shipping.

RB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 May 2010 21:31 #2 by serenity
Replied by serenity on topic True letter by my bro
Loping - he sounds like a doll! It would be much worse if he were into, let's say, Edward Weitzman shoes...They are a bit more expensive and you do need a different pair to match each outfit.....but he wouldn't get in trouble if he left them under the husband's wife's bed.... :Snooze

To err is human, to forgive is canine~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds