How are you supposed to read this as your are driving by?

18 Feb 2012 20:02 #1 by CinnamonGirl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Feb 2012 20:07 #2 by otisptoadwater
I think a sign is missing, what is the speed limit outside the times listed and days when school is not in session? They are going to need a taller pole or I suppose drivers could just keep their speed down to 25 MPH...

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

18 Feb 2012 20:11 #3 by CinnamonGirl
They should just say 6Am to 5PM. It seems they were trying to be nice to drivers but not effective. LOL

18 Feb 2012 20:28 #4 by otisptoadwater
It seems to me that most school zones I have encountered utilize a set of flashing yellow lights under the school zone sign to alert drivers when the lower speed limit is in effect. Considering that your link is from the Fox affiliate in Detroit it's likely that the state and county can't afford the flashing lights and power so they resorted to signs instead.

On the other hand, imagine the potential for striping the local populace of their income and stuffing the state and county coffers! One cop with a radar gun and a couple of chase cars to run down the speeders and you have a gold mine that lasts nine months a year!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

19 Feb 2012 10:20 #5 by AlpineMike
I think I see some photo shop action here. Notice the sign with the times has a bold white backdrop while the speed limit and school zone signs have a darker tint of white. This is quite humorous and entertaining, but I believe it as a hoax.

19 Feb 2012 11:03 #6 by Blazer Bob
We have a friend that is a school bus driver at the township next door. I will ask her.

19 Feb 2012 13:06 #7 by Wily Fox aka Angela

AlpineMike wrote: I think I see some photo shop action here. Notice the sign with the times has a bold white backdrop while the speed limit and school zone signs have a darker tint of white. This is quite humorous and entertaining, but I believe it as a hoax.

:Exactly: and they couldn't even get the sign colors to match... a fake

19 Feb 2012 13:08 #8 by wiseguy33

AlpineMike wrote: I think I see some photo shop action here. Notice the sign with the times has a bold white backdrop while the speed limit and school zone signs have a darker tint of white. This is quite humorous and entertaining, but I believe it as a hoax.

It is on a news site.

19 Feb 2012 13:17 #9 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Have you ever seen a "news" site fooled because they don't check the sources before publishing something?

19 Feb 2012 13:20 #10 by archer

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: Have you ever seen a "news" site fooled because they don't check the sources before publishing something?

yep....I have also seen new signs put up that don't match the color of the older signs.....maybe the school hours changed and a new sign was required???

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds