Official: 1 dead, 4 hurt in Ohio school shooting

27 Feb 2012 10:44 #1 by ScienceChic
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/ ... l-shooting
Official: 1 dead, 4 hurt in Ohio school shooting
By NBC News, msnbc.com staff and news services
Updated 12:04 p.m. ET

One student was killed and four were injured in a shooting Monday morning at an Ohio high school, officials said.

The alleged gunman, a student at the school, is in custody, officials said

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Feb 2012 11:00 #2 by Martin Ent Inc
Impossible, everyone knows schools are Gun Free Zones.

Officials have no clue.

27 Feb 2012 11:42 #3 by cydl

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Impossible, everyone knows schools are Gun Free Zones.

Officials have no clue.

I'm sure the kid just missed the "No Guns" sign on the door. Had he seen that sign he wouldn't have done that! :VeryScared:

27 Feb 2012 16:35 #4 by CC
Prayers for all those folks out there but especially to the families of those directly affected.

27 Feb 2012 19:51 #5 by ShilohLady
This happened at Chardon High School - my kids would have gone there had we not moved to Colorado as we moved from Chardon. Also, a friend (also transplanted from Cleveland metro area) posted this on facebook:

Please pray for everyone involved in the tragic shooting in Chardon, Ohio. The high school was probably 25 miles from where I once lived with my parents. Also, my neice's boyfriend's cousin, Danny, was the one person that has died in this terrible situation. Please pray for him and his family. Thank you.

27 Feb 2012 20:55 #6 by Lonewolf Field Services HVAC
Prayers to the people involved and their families, when will this insanity stop?

01 Mar 2012 09:52 #7 by ZHawke
I would also offer our condolences and prayers to the families and to the entire community suffering as a result of this violent and senseless tragedy. I would also like to offer the following for everyone's consideration:

We, as parents, students, and communities can, and must, do more to help ensure our schools are safe environments when we send our children off. As parents of two children who were at Columbine on April 20, 1999 (one of whom was critically injured) and two others who graduated from Platte Canyon prior to that tragedy, we feel our communities must get more actively involved. We cannot depend solely on the schools and the 1st response agencies themselves - not because they aren't doing their jobs, but, rather, because they could use the help. There are multiple web sites available that can help in this process. We are providing links to two of them below:

http://iluvuguys.org/ (probably the most familiar to those of us who live up here in the 285Bound Community

http://thepeacechallenge.org/ a lesser known source that is still a work in progress.

Please consider visiting both sites and getting actively involved. The PEACE Challenge, while relatively new, provides information on what parents, students, and communities can do to help ensure safer schools (this is the part that is still a work in progress - we are looking for information, links, etc., that we can post for all to see and use free of charge - if you have any such sources, please provide and they will be posted). It also provides a forum in which individuals who register (it's free with no obligation) can offer their personal experiences, thoughts, ideas, and suggestions on what could be done in this (and other) arenas.

Perhaps one of the things we could do to honor those affected most directly by this most recent school violence tragedy is to not only engage in random acts of kindness, but also get more actively involved in the school safety dialogue and process.

Thanks, and hope to see you there.

01 Mar 2012 10:15 #8 by Wily Fox aka Angela
you may want to update the title since the death toll is now at 3

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds