Lost. The most confusing ending to a series ever!!

24 May 2010 01:08 #1 by The Viking
I am not sure what to even think of that ending. After 6 years, I guess I was expecting a more detailed, not encrypted finale to explain everything. I will have to watch it again to try and see what I missed. Anyone else watch it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 May 2010 06:40 #2 by LopingAlong
I quit watching the show a few seasons back when I decided they really had no clue where they were going and lacked any logic that I could follow. I almost sent in an application to write for them because I thought maybe they just pulled people in off the street, gave them a sentence, told them to add two and pass on to the next guy.

I almost watched the finale to see if it ever came together, then decided that likely wouldn't and I'd be frustrated all over. I'm sorry it didn't fulfill your hopes!

24 May 2010 07:00 #3 by Wayne Harrison
Here's what the critics are saying about the final episode as posted on the NY Times Blog:

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/ ... st-finale/

24 May 2010 08:33 #4 by The Viking
Thanks for that link Wayne. The reviews are all over the place and it really left me with so many unanswered questions. Loved the emotional reunions and the realization of where they were but it left way too much unanswered. Had it had a fantastic ending that closed doors, I would have gone out and bought the whole series. Now, it still won't make sense.

24 May 2010 08:35 #5 by The Viking
It really had a 6th Sense type of ending without explaining the who, and why of all the characters and locations.

24 May 2010 09:11 #6 by pound dog mom
Six years later and I am still sitting here with unanswered questions much like the first time the smoke monster appeared. Oh and who can forget the polar bear, why a polar bear on the tropical island. I wanted more in-depth answers, such as why was the island such a magical/mystical place. I did not want the writers take the easy way out --- oh yeah they are all dead, sure why not. It was a fun series and I will miss it.

24 May 2010 09:24 #7 by The Viking
Me too. I have a lot of questions that I will ask that maybe you or others may have figured out. But too much to write now. Like the Whitmore's. WHo were they? Why did the mother ask if her son was going and she was told no. What happened to Charles Whitmore and who was he? Were Jacob and his brother, just the battle of good and evil in Prugetory to see who would be strong enought to fight evil and make it into Heaven? Many other questions too.

24 May 2010 09:27 #8 by Sunshine Girl
I watched that show for awhile and it drove me nuts. Frankly, I was glad that I stopped watching. I can't stand movies with bad or incomplete endings.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

24 May 2010 09:33 #9 by ScienceChic
I never watched it, but have to wonder if the ending was as weird as the ending to Twin Peaks where almost everyone died (I think one person survived) and alternate realities could be accessed and people were possessed?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 May 2010 20:40 #10 by freebird
I'll openly admit that I've been really into this series and even enjoyed the finale. It definitely keeps you guessing (not a clear answer in this final episode).

I haven't read any of the links nor sites but as of last night I thought they were presenting the sideway "world" as Purgatory. I didn't think it would be the outcome because Sun's unborn baby is growing and Claire gave birth to her son.

As Christian told his son, "now" isn't necessarily now. Viking, I'm with you and will probably think of some questions in a few days. For now it was enough to just lose myself in the finale and experience it.

Science Chic, it wasn't as out-there as Twin Peaks. I lost interest in that series before the final year so didn't know about the possessed characters and such. Of course that series was pretty original at the time.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds