Lost. The most confusing ending to a series ever!!

25 May 2010 08:08 #11 by pound dog mom
It was like when you record a mystery/sci fi movie in the middle of the night and the start stop times do not match therefore you miss the last 3 to 5 minutes and make up your own ending - they all died rofllol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 May 2010 13:27 #12 by EddieWess

pound dog mom wrote: - they all died rofllol

Actually the way I see it is they've all been dead from the beginning. As in a lot of ghost stories they were all on a journey to clear up the conflicts etc. in their lives before they were allowed out of purgatory.

Given that it makes sense to me.

25 May 2010 13:45 #13 by The Viking

EddieWess wrote:

Actually the way I see it is they've all been dead from the beginning. As in a lot of ghost stories they were all on a journey to clear up the conflicts etc. in their lives before they were allowed out of purgatory.

Alright, I will go with that. That is kind of what I got out of it to but it still didn't answer questions about certain people, places and how and when they all decided on a meeting place. And when they were all touching and having flashbacks, where were they? If they were flashing back to Purgatory, then does that mean they were in Heaven when they all had their memories and decided where to meet? And if so why were they suffering in Heaven before they went to the meeting place?

I have it recorded, I will have to watch it again.

25 May 2010 14:23 #14 by Pony Soldier
Stupid writers didn't know where to go with it and just made something up without checking back on what they had already written. No Walt or Mr. Eko? Why was Walt so important a few years back?

25 May 2010 14:27 #15 by Pony Soldier

EddieWess wrote:

Interesting take on it, but why were they remembering their lives? They showed Jack die - can you die in Purgatory? I hated the way they ended it with the light that they were all staring at. They should have taken it down a quantum rabbit hole with the two equal but different realities and each struggling to make theirs the most probable.

25 May 2010 14:30 #16 by The Viking

towermonkey wrote: Stupid writers didn't know where to go with it and just made something up without checking back on what they had already written. No Walt or Mr. Eko? Why was Walt so important a few years back?

Exactly! Walt and Charles Whitmore was for years the main evil guy who wanted the island destroyed and Lock dead so who was he suppose to represent and what happened to him? Was he in the final room? Did I just miss it? And what was the symbolism of him bringing Devan back to the Island? And why did the whole island's survival revolve around him? They need another 2 hours to answer things.

25 May 2010 14:33 #17 by The Viking

towermonkey wrote:

EddieWess wrote:

Interesting take on it, but why were they remembering their lives? They showed Jack die - can you die in Purgatory? I hated the way they ended it with the light that they were all staring at. They should have taken it down a quantum rabbit hole with the two equal but different realities and each struggling to make theirs the most probable.

I took Jack dying in Purgetory to save everyone else as his ultimate test and sacrifice and good deed to make it into Heaven. He had to do that to earn his way in.

25 May 2010 16:39 #18 by EddieWess
Before we start complaining about this ending too much remember the finales of The Bob Newhart Show and, the most egregious of the bunch, Seinfeld.

27 May 2010 22:54 #19 by pineinthegrass
Sorry I'm late to the party, and hi all! lol ...

Lost was the best series I've watched IMO, not that it was perfect. I've been hooked since the start. Bought all the DVD's, other than those as gifts (and my dog ate one, did email them and can get a replacement, once I get around to it). And I haven't bought TV series DVD's before (OK, I lied. I got HBO's Rome too as a gift, I like history, Tudors may be next).

So far as the finale goes, I think it was great, and very emotional, until the final 10 minutes. If you like Lost as a show about the characters, they did a great job closing most of the stories. But if you are more detail orientated like me, especially about science and explanations, they didn't do a good job about explaining things. Way too many questions left.

I found a good post at another board from a guy who claimed to of worked with the Lost writers (not that he was a writer), and it explained a lot that made sense to me. But I'm not sure he's legit. Maybe I'll post it later, if anyone cares.

But for now, here's a nice, funny video that sums up many of the unanswered questions...

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1936291

27 May 2010 22:57 #20 by The Viking

pineinthegrass wrote: Sorry I'm late to the party, and hi all! lol ...

Lost was the best series I've watched IMO, not that it was perfect. I've been hooked since the start. Bought all the DVD's, other than those as gifts (and my dog ate one, did email them and can get a replacement, once I get around to it). And I haven't bought TV series DVD's before (OK, I lied. I got HBO's Rome too as a gift, I like history, Tudors may be next).

So far as the finale goes, I think it was great, and very emotional, until the final 10 minutes. If you like Lost as a show about the characters, they did a great job closing most of the stories. But if you are more detail orientated like me, especially about science and explanations, they didn't do a good job about explaining things. Way too many questions left.

I found a good post at another board from a guy who claimed to of worked with the Lost writers (not that he was a writer), and it explained a lot that made sense to me. But I'm not sure he's legit. Maybe I'll post it later, if anyone cares.

But for now, here's a nice, funny video that sums up many of the unanswered questions...

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1936291

I would lvoe to read that other post with explanations. I agree, they did a great job tying all the people and relationships together. It gave closer to a lot of those story lines but like you said, for the detail oriented like me it left a lot of unanswered questions.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds