Father Rueben Payo has passed on

28 Mar 2012 11:54 #1 by PrintSmith
Father Rueben Payo, former Pastor of Our Lady of the Pines Catholic Church in Conifer and St. Elizabeth's Catholic Church in Buffalo Creek was found dead in his rectory, presumably of natural causes, at Sts Peter & Paul Catholic Church in Wheat Ridge yesterday. This notice was found at the bottom of the page under the twitter feed.

Sad day. Friend, Fr Reuben Payo was found dead in his rectory, presumably of natural causes. Eternal rest... http://t.co/fz6xMZJL 19 hours ago

http://gen215.org/tag/holy-spirit/

A short biography of Father Payo from the Denver Catholic Register when he celebrated his Silver Anniversary as a priest in 2009.

Born in Pittsburg, Calif., Father Reuben Payo was ordained on June 2, 1984. His assignments as assistant pastor were in the parishes of Our Lady of Fatima in Lakewood, Queen of Peace in Aurora, All Souls in Englewood and St. Stephen in Glenwood Springs. Father Payo has served as pastor at the parishes of St. Vincent in Basalt, St. Mary of the Crown in Carbondale, Our Lady of the Pines in Conifer and its mission St. Elizabeth of Hungary in Buffalo Creek. Today, he is pastor of Sts. Peter and Paul in Wheat Ridge.

http://www.archden.org/index.cfm/ID/2073

Father Rueben was an inspiration to many during his time in our community, myself included. I count myself fortunate and blessed to have crossed paths with this good and humble servant during the course of my life. He will be mourned and missed by many. I have not seen any funeral arrangements posted on the Denver Post web site for Father Rueben, but I will continue to seek them out and post them here for anyone who is interested in paying their final respects.

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul, and all the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Mar 2012 15:14 #2 by PrintSmith
I have spoken with the parish secretary down at Sts Peter and Paul Catholic Church and they gave me the arrangements for Father Rueben.

Memorial Services will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday evening, April 3rd, at Sts Peter and Paul Catholic Church located at 3900 Pierce Street in Wheat Ridge.

Mass of Christian Burial will be held at the Cathedral Basilica of the Immaculate Conception, located at 1530 Logan St. in downtown Denver, at 10 a.m. Wednesday, March 4th.

Internment will be at Mt Olivet Cemetery located at 12801 West 44th Avenue
in Wheat Ridge.

Please remember his family in your prayers - as well as all who mourn with his passing.

28 Mar 2012 18:38 #3 by ShilohLady
What a complete and total shock!

Thanks for posting this, I liked and admired Father Reuben - may he rest in peace!

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds