Al Qaeda threatening to start wildfires in US

06 May 2012 22:35 #11 by mtn60
That "idea" has actually been around a long time. Just that the press decided to bring it to light these days since it is the anniversary of the OBL take down. And if it really was a viable terrorist option you would think they would have attempted it by now.
Which maybe shows just how little they can do in the way of such large scale operation as that.
Take a look at past acts and you will see they go for big quick impact attacks that can cause alot of death fast.
But the biggeer matter is, since the media decided to plaster it all over, that any wacko might pick up on this and do it themselves somewhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 May 2012 08:34 #12 by akilina
And the other part of it, if they want to have a major impact they have to know where the big winds are going to be. Like mtn60 said not a large scale operation, not as massive as they would like. Not impossible but harder to achieve.

Good point mtn60 we have enough wackos, who needs terrorists.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

07 May 2012 12:50 #13 by JSG

mtn60 wrote: That "idea" has actually been around a long time. Just that the press decided to bring it to light these days since it is the anniversary of the OBL take down. And if it really was a viable terrorist option you would think they would have attempted it by now.

I agree and I'm very surprised there's been no terrorist attack on any U.S. water supply that I'm aware of.

Either they don't have the means or our homeland security is better than I thought.

07 May 2012 16:42 #14 by mtn60
Was speaking with a buddy of mine on this topic. His background is in, for lack of a better term, 'Water'.
He said that it would take alot of a chemical to truly taint the supply to the point of unusable since:
a. it would dissipate rather quickly in a huge reservoir.
b. residuals would be caught at the treatment or filtering level.

IF one thinks about it, there seems to be many other ways to disrupt etc

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds