How old is too old to breastfeed?

10 May 2012 21:22 #11 by Nobody that matters

Mtn Gramma wrote: What would another parent do when their kid is playing with the 4 year old and is invited over for lunch?

Two boobs, no waiting.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 May 2012 21:32 #12 by JSG

11 May 2012 06:18 #13 by homeagain
rofllol

Nobody that matters wrote:

Mtn Gramma wrote: What would another parent do when their kid is playing with the 4 year old and is invited over for lunch?

Two boobs, no waiting.

rofllol rofllol rofllol :bash

Here's my take on it......when they start teething and ALREADY have a full set of teeth,it just MIGHT be time to stop breast feeding.JMO

11 May 2012 08:32 #14 by akilina
lol NTM

Individual choice. It just seems to draw such a reaction when done in public.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

11 May 2012 08:50 #15 by Nobody that matters
If the kid is old enough to ask "Tit, Mommy?" It's too old for breastfeeding.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

11 May 2012 09:06 #16 by hvgal
There wasn't a name for it when I raised my kids but this is what I did. They self weened...one at 3 one at 2, both about the same time. They were 14 months apart and nursed together a lot. What the article doesn't say is that kids rarely go around asking for "titty". At least mine didn't and neither did the children of my friends who also nursed until their children were older. Mostly after about a year, a child only wants to nurse at bedtime. I loved nursing my children and am sad that they have made such a spectacle out of this.

11 May 2012 15:39 #17 by akilina
hvgal I doubt it will stop those who see the value in breastfeeding.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

11 May 2012 16:07 #18 by 2wlady
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn: Mom wanted kid to stop breastfeeding. Kid wouldn't stop. Mom draws a monster face on boob. Kid goes for boob. Gets scared witless. But never breastfeeds again.

Thomas Wolfe, author of Look Homeward, Angel: Mom wanted a girl. He was born. Mom kept him in dresses and long hair, breastfed him until he was six. You can read about his life and make your own judgment call.

Children were breastfed a long time back in the days of yore. Kept the kid fed. Wasn't because the mom wanted more "attachment."

What a goofball buzz word.

11 May 2012 17:49 #19 by Hoot Owl

????? :pop rofllol
I dont agree with it. But what do I know? A six year old kid got suspended in Arapahoe county for singing the M&M jingle "I think I am sexy" in the lunch line. What is this kid going to ask the lunch lady for?

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds