Can You Help Me Reach My Goal?

11 May 2012 17:05 #1 by Mountain Lady
I am registered to walk in the Avon 2 Day Walk for Breast Cancer in June. I will walk 40 miles in 2 days. I have been training for MONTHS to do this and it is on my bucket list to do it. I have dreamed of doing it for years and this is my chance.

But, I need the help of my community.

In order to do this walk I have to raise $1800 before June 23. I have gotten over $1250 but still need more. Another local gal is on my "team" and she needs help to reach the goal also.

Would you be willing to give up a cup of coffee ($3) a lunch out ($10) or maybe a night at the movies ($25) to help people in the Colorado area who are battling breast cancer? If so please donate either to my account:

http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR/ ... fr_id=2172

Or to our team account:

http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR/ ... fr_id=2172

I thank you in advance for anything you are willing to donate. I will be happy to add your name or the name of a loved one to my race bib if you would like me to do so.

Please, help me make a dream come true and help others battling cancer at the same time.

Thank you.

Mindy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 May 2012 17:26 #2 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Can You Help Me Reach My Goal?
I am in for $30. good cause.

11 May 2012 17:32 #3 by Mountain Lady
Thank you jmc!

11 May 2012 17:34 #4 by Mountain Lady
A very generous donation just put me at $1371 total. Can you help me get even closer?

11 May 2012 17:35 #5 by Lonewolf Field Services HVAC

11 May 2012 17:36 #6 by Mountain Lady
Thank you bootlegger!

11 May 2012 17:44 #7 by Mountain Lady
You can either make the donation by credit card online or you can mail a check made out to Avon Walk for Breast Cancer to my home address and I will send it in. Let me know if you need my address.

Mindy

05 Jun 2012 08:16 #8 by Lonewolf Field Services HVAC
Mindy, have you met your goal on on contributions? I still need to get you my contribution.

05 Jun 2012 20:26 #9 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Can You Help Me Reach My Goal?

Mountain Lady wrote: I am registered to walk in the Avon 2 Day Walk for Breast Cancer in June. I will walk 40 miles in 2 days. I have been training for MONTHS to do this and it is on my bucket list to do it. I have dreamed of doing it for years and this is my chance.

When I used to work at the airport i'd walk 10 miles a day..Around the concourse was was 1.25 miles from gate B15 to B96 or whatever and back..and i'd do it in about 4 hours. People act really weird at the airport, they are really into themselves and stumble out into traffic, walk real fast or slow, walk right across the flow..I was constantly telling people to "get out of my way" and "can you see me here!"

40 should be no problem in 2 days..I played 54 holes yesterday..Thats like 23 miles in the hot sun with a bag on my back..I was a little sore this morning but was all better by 10 am...Played 18 today..Thats 30 miles in 2 days and i'm as fresh as a daisy

05 Jun 2012 21:15 #10 by Lonewolf Field Services HVAC
So Vice Lord, how much are you helping out with, inquiring minds want to know.....

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds