CDOT Twin Tunnels widening project

06 Jun 2012 05:17 #1 by LOL
http://www.summitdaily.com/article/2012 ... ofile=1055

I wonder if this article is correct? They are going to complete 3 lanes eastbound by Oct 2013? Seems pretty quick. Or are they talking about using both sides for EB?

The survey will gather base information for the widening project, which will expand the eastbound bore — a choke point for peak-season traffic returning to Denver from the mountains — and widen the highway to three lanes to improve the flow of traffic into Denver. The Twin Tunnels are set to open with three eastbound lanes by Oct. 31, 2013.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jun 2012 19:16 #2 by mtn60
They are already doing preliminary work now, the past few days have seen single lane closures thru the east bound tube.

08 Jun 2012 18:05 #3 by ScienceChic
Overnight Lane Closures at Twin Tunnels

June 8, 2012 - TRAFFIC ADVISORY - Central Eastern Colorado/CDOT Region 1 - CLEAR CREEK COUNTY – The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) will close one lane of eastbound and/or westbound Interstate 70 through the Twin Tunnels area next week. Surveying and design work is taking place in advance of the upcoming I-70 widening project.

All lane closures are scheduled from 11 p.m. to 10 a.m. on:

Monday, June 11, to Tuesday, June 12
Right lane closed eastbound near the bottom of Floyd Hill
Right lane closed westbound through the Twin Tunnels

Tuesday, June 12, to Wednesday, June 13
One lane closed eastbound or westbound through the Twin Tunnels (for tunnel washing operations)
Right lane closed eastbound near the bottom of Floyd Hill

Wednesday, June 13, to Thursday, June 14
Left lane closed eastbound through the Twin Tunnels
Right lane closed eastbound at the bottom of Floyd Hill

Thursday, June 14, to Friday, June 15
Right lane closed eastbound at the bottom of Floyd Hill
Left lane closed westbound through the Twin Tunnels

On Wednesday and Thursday, crews will be working off the highway from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., outside the Twin Tunnels. An occasional lane closure may be necessary on eastbound I-70 to move equipment. Traffic slowdowns are anticipated to last up to 15 minutes.

Lane closures will continue for the next several weeks, not including weekends and holidays. Weekly advisories will be distributed, detailing traffic impacts for the following week.

To receive project updates via e-mail, visit [url=http://www.coloradodot.info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.coloradodot.info[/url] and click on the cell-phone icon in the upper right-hand corner. The link takes you to a list of items you can subscribe to, including I-70 West, Denver to Glenwood Springs.
Document Actions

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 Jun 2012 18:21 #4 by LOL
I still want to know how they are going to do this project in one year when the shaffer crossing took almost 3 years. ? WTF?

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

08 Jun 2012 20:23 #5 by akilina
Come on LOL/Joe this is easy. We don't rate and those who use the tunnel do.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds