What?

09 Jun 2012 23:43 #1 by Local_Historian
What? was created by Local_Historian
No incinerator thread over here? Did I miss it? I went back 6 pages... Nobody got any opinions about it, or is Pinecam filling that spot with their level of snarkiness and rudeness about it?

I'm baffled!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2012 08:08 - 10 Jun 2012 08:17 #2 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic What?
I looked for one also. Surprised about a lot of local issues not being discussed.

As for the incinerator, I don't live near the proposed site, but am very concerned for everyone in the area. While there aren't any stats for fires associated with it, just knowing that embers can escape and cause a fire should be a concern, especially with Staunton Park and Black Mountain so very close. That looks like a disaster in the making.

Can't imagine Elk Creek Fire District being in favor of it being near one of the biggest potential disasters - KV, Conifer Mtn and Black Mtn, per their concerns about the fire danger in those areas.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

10 Jun 2012 08:14 #3 by hvgal
Replied by hvgal on topic What?
I know nothing about it and it sounds close to me....info please.

10 Jun 2012 08:15 #4 by akilina
And the smog? Supposedly no worse than chimney start ups. But the incinerator has a lot more fuel to burn.

No offense to TJ Wood Products in Bailey but their smoke makes it hard sometimes to distinguish from an uncontrolled smoke. They have always been very good though when a friend calls them to ask if they are burning that day.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

10 Jun 2012 08:28 #5 by akilina

hvgal wrote: I know nothing about it and it sounds close to me....info please.

formal application information http://jeffco.us/jeffco/planning_upload ... cation.pdf

site plan http://jeffco.us/jeffco/planning_upload ... tePlan.pdf

10 Jun 2012 11:07 #6 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic What?
Good topic LH, glad to see you back! :)

I don't know much about it, but wouldn't it be better to use chippers instead of burning? WTF?

And there is a need for a good slash collecting site somewhere along 285, away from residential areas. Why not just grind it up and throw dirt on top? In 100 million years it will turn into Oil!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

10 Jun 2012 12:28 #7 by hvgal
Replied by hvgal on topic What?
Ok, I am confused. Didn't they just turn down the slash site at Shaffer's crossing? Is this a different one? Is this for public slash? Have they ever heard of chipping and composting? $98,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy F*&k!!!

10 Jun 2012 13:10 #8 by archer
Replied by archer on topic What?
Don't really want to get into this.....I'm not sure how I feel about the issue. But what I do know is I do NOT want a chipper/composting site up here......It seems to me that chipping and/or composting of slash that contains beetles only spreads the infestation. Unless someone wants to stand by the chipper and inspect everything that is brought in.....same with the spruce beetle, all chipping should be done on-site. Maybe I'm wrong in this concern.....does anyone else have info on this aspect? At least burning gets rid of whatever might be riding along on the slash.

10 Jun 2012 13:33 #9 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic What?
We've discussed this 2 months ago, there are several good information links here Slash Site In Pleasant Park Commissioner meeting and I posted the presentation from Commissioner Don Rosier from the February Conifer Chamber of Commerce's Public Affairs Meeting in which he touched on this subject and explained where to get more information. If anyone has any questions or concerns, he stressed to contact him personally. I'm not sure what the recent updates are from the county as I haven't checked lately. I just encourage everyone to get informed and discuss, and contact our representatives to let them know what you think - it affects residents not officials.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Jun 2012 14:12 #10 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic What?
Slash Site on Pleasant Park and Incinerator at Shaffer's Crossing are two completely different proposals.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds