identity theft

17 Jul 2010 20:19 #11 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic identity theft

FoothillsRealtor wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

FoothillsRealtor wrote: does anyone have any experience with identity theft protection? What companies/services would you recommend? ARe they worth the money?

This is not something you want to fool around with. I expect you have already alerted your cc companies. Perhaps other measures you may wish to take can be obtained by calling the SS office. The real question is do these folks have access to your personal information. Stolen CC are not that big a deal. I've gone through that once while living in Saudi.

Some agencies that specialize in identity theft are discussed here http://www.5identitytheftprotection.com/

Without brith certificate information, bank passwords, DL, etc, chances are you are not looking at ID theft, but just CC theft. That is a pain but not nearly as threatening.

exactly Rockdoc, yes, the cc company is taking care of it, they advised me to file a police report (talked to our sheriff's office, but they won't do anything - yet - is what they told me). i also chekced on my credit report and signed up to have an alert system in place. I am not sure why someone would go through the trouble to steal a cc number and then do what they did that has no value to them (Oh and i forgot, they also bought an expensive membership for the international heart and lung transplant association), all the material etc comes to my address.

It sounds like kids.......Thats a good thing, probably just a one time incident.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jul 2010 20:30 #12 by FoothillsRealtor
Replied by FoothillsRealtor on topic identity theft

Vice Lord wrote:

FoothillsRealtor wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

FoothillsRealtor wrote: does anyone have any experience with identity theft protection? What companies/services would you recommend? ARe they worth the money?

This is not something you want to fool around with. I expect you have already alerted your cc companies. Perhaps other measures you may wish to take can be obtained by calling the SS office. The real question is do these folks have access to your personal information. Stolen CC are not that big a deal. I've gone through that once while living in Saudi.

Some agencies that specialize in identity theft are discussed here http://www.5identitytheftprotection.com/

Without brith certificate information, bank passwords, DL, etc, chances are you are not looking at ID theft, but just CC theft. That is a pain but not nearly as threatening.

exactly Rockdoc, yes, the cc company is taking care of it, they advised me to file a police report (talked to our sheriff's office, but they won't do anything - yet - is what they told me). i also chekced on my credit report and signed up to have an alert system in place. I am not sure why someone would go through the trouble to steal a cc number and then do what they did that has no value to them (Oh and i forgot, they also bought an expensive membership for the international heart and lung transplant association), all the material etc comes to my address.

It sounds like kids.......Thats a good thing, probably just a one time incident.

I hope so too VL

Sophia S Paul, Broker Associate
Home Real Estate
Bailey, CO
303-838-3322           

19 Jul 2010 10:33 #13 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic identity theft

Vice Lord wrote: Lets stay on topic now

O, It's on Topic, Lying Thief.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds