Reynolds Park

11 Jun 2012 17:06 #1 by pinerider
Reynolds Park was created by pinerider
I discovered Reynolds Park (10 min. from my house) last summer. I LOVE it. Beautiful views, strenuous trail hike/run, convenient and close, PLENTY of parking, bathrooms which are much needed for us trail runners.

Then I heard about the construction. Hmmm, improvement to bathrooms and parking? Closing the whole parking lot from 5/29 - 9/1? The absolutely busiest time for the park? Then I go today, Monday, at 3:00 and no one to be found working.

I get it, stuff has to get done, the summer's the best time, I'm sure there are circumstances that I don't understand. But I'm not terribly excited to add another mile onto my run and did I mention how important those bathrooms were?

Oh yeah, I forgot, they're going to close the Hummingbird Trail too?? :faint:

I'll get over it. Thanks for listening.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jun 2012 18:42 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Reynolds Park
I didn't know they were doing construction down there; hopefully they finish it all up this season. I just discovered this morning all of these wonderful classes and kids activities they offer: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=20684 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=92&t=20684<!-- l -->

I had a friend go hiking there not long after the Lower North Fork Fire was put out, and she was stunned at the beautiful views (she'd never been before). Do you have a favorite trail through there pinerider? Has anyone else explored it in depth?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Jun 2012 19:46 #3 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic Reynolds Park
Saw the equipment pinerider. Didn't realize it was going to be for so long. I remember the trails to Eagle's Nest or Eagle something before they pushed the trail further. Just an absolutely beautiful walk. Have you ever seen any of the bears? I think they come because people leave food on the trail.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds