Local business needs your support and vote!!

14 Jun 2012 09:34 - 14 Jun 2012 17:20 #1 by RivendaleFarms
The Knit Knook is applying for a small business grant that’s being awarded (and it’s rather huge, $250k, yikes - imagine the yarn!) and we need your vote!! At least 250 votes are required to get through the first round, so please help us support Diane. You must have a Facebook account to vote (the only thing that got me to finally sign up on FB, and you can delete the account after you vote if you want).

Just a reminder, the Knit Knook isn't just a yarn and coffee shop, it's an important part of the community that benefits all of us. Just a sample of the local and international events and causes that the Knook and its customers have supported, either through knitting, donations, or fundraisers:
Hats for the Homeless
Helmet liners for the troops
IMHS and other local animal rescue
Local fire victims
Mountain Resource Center
Mountain Peace Shelter
Girl Scouts
Cub Scouts
Adopt a Native Elder Program
Teddy Bears for Africa
Local church christening blankets
Prayer shawls for the elderly

(I know! Quite the list!)

To vote:

Go to: http://www.missionsmallbusiness.com
Click on the Login and Support Button or Login with Facebook
Under “Support Local” enter Knit Knook, select Colorado, select Conifer, it'll bring up the Knit Knook to select and cast your vote.

or

From Facebook, go to Knit Knook and you’ll find the voting link on the Knook’s Wall.

Thank you!!!!!!!

p.s. You can vote for more than one business, and I think another local busines (ahem, 285bound.com) may also be applying...... Y'know....as long as you're in there voting anyway.....)

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jun 2012 09:54 #2 by hvgal
you forgot hats and socks for cancer survivors!!! Yep, truly amazing!!! Please support with your votes!!!

14 Jun 2012 10:10 #3 by RivendaleFarms
Dang, that list just gets longer!!

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

14 Jun 2012 17:14 #4 by RivendaleFarms
Update: we're now up to 110 votes, keep 'em coming!!! Thanks for everyone's support!

14 Jun 2012 18:04 #5 by Martin Ent Inc
Besides them and us I know 167 other companies that have applied. these are co's i know personally and some we do business with, only 4 will be chosen.

14 Jun 2012 18:24 #6 by RivendaleFarms
According to the grant website they're awarding 12. Figure the only guarantee to not getting chosen is not applying. If there's only 167 other companies applying, that would be awesome. I figured it would easily climb into the tens of thousands or much higher. (Oh, wait, just realized you meant 167 companies you know of. Nevermind).

14 Jun 2012 19:06 #7 by Martin Ent Inc

14 Jun 2012 20:19 #8 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Diane has really struggled during this down turned economy to keep the doors open and provide the place that many many people enjoy, but she has figured out a way each month to do it. She is doing a great job with next to nothing, I can only imagine how much more she can do with a business grant. I have voted for her and really hope her business gets a grant. This is more than just a business, it is a place for people in the community to go, share time and stories, share hope and sadness, help heal. It is really a special special place. Hell, I don't even knit, but go there to just hang out and say hey to some great folks that gather on Saturday mornings to work on projects together. Please support this business. Please.

14 Jun 2012 20:44 #9 by Martin Ent Inc
we need more votes too, got 2 boys and grandkids to hand down a company making American Made products.

15 Jun 2012 06:26 #10 by RivendaleFarms

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: Diane has really struggled during this down turned economy to keep the doors open and provide the place that many many people enjoy, but she has figured out a way each month to do it. She is doing a great job with next to nothing, I can only imagine how much more she can do with a business grant. I have voted for her and really hope her business gets a grant. This is more than just a business, it is a place for people in the community to go, share time and stories, share hope and sadness, help heal. It is really a special special place. Hell, I don't even knit, but go there to just hang out and say hey to some great folks that gather on Saturday mornings to work on projects together. Please support this business. Please.

Thanks, Ang, perfectly put! People can vote for more than one company, which is nice, you just have to have at least 250 votes to get through the first round and then it'll be based, I believe, on the submitted essays.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds