Donate if You Can

27 Jun 2012 22:28 #1 by otisptoadwater

Too many parts of Colorado are on fire and thousands of people need help: http://www.denver-redcross.org/index.asp?IDCapitulo=Q4Q26NY21N

If you can't make a monetary donation they are also looking for volunteers, your time will also be greatly appreciated.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jun 2012 23:00 #2 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Donate if You Can
Thx Otis.
So very true.

28 Jun 2012 11:45 #3 by hvgal
Replied by hvgal on topic Donate if You Can
What you may not know about the Red Cross which is worth knowing...they are a volunteer run organization. Their volunteers are involved at every level. The people who are volunteering for this fire are mostly people who have taken time out of their lives to train (before this ever started) to do what they are doing. They leave their families for weeks at a time to respond to disaster across the country. Currently in CO we have hundreds of Red Cross volunteers who have done just that to lend a hand here as well as many who live here but are out there working long long hours to lend a hand. They are amazing people who give from their hearts and receive not money for what they do.

As we think about thanking the firefighters who have been amazing, let's keep in mind all those other people out there...Red Cross, Salvation Army etc...who are also working really hard to help out. I used to do this work and know what a strain it is.

So...THANK YOU!!! EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!!!

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds