E-mai problems

18 Jul 2010 06:02 #1 by Rockdoc
E-mai problems was created by Rockdoc
I'm sitting behind a firewall at work and find that I can receive e-mail with my mail program but can not send it out. I have no such problems when using an internet service such as Mobile hot spot or at home. I used to be able to send and receive before they shut things down for routine service.

I imagine there is nothing I can do to circumvent the issue is there? To send mail I need to do it on the internet, a pain when you are used to writing in your mail program.

I am on a mac with OS X 10.5.8, use Safari and Apple's mail program. My internet mail provider is Earthlink.

BTW internet access requires Proxy setting 80 and an FTP proxy server address Could they have made a change to the server address that is affecting this? I'm rather ignorant about proxy settings, menaing I do not have an understanding of what they do. Enlightenment?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jul 2010 07:49 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic E-mai problems
I wish I could help you but know nothing about a Mac.

18 Jul 2010 08:00 #3 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic E-mai problems

CinnamonGirl wrote: I wish I could help you but know nothing about a Mac.

What would you do if it were not a mac?

18 Jul 2010 08:17 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic E-mai problems
What error message are you getting and what firewall program are you using? Does mac have it's own it the operating system. Sometimes you can have 2 firewalls running and that is never good.

Hey, You might want to ask one of the computer experts in their threads too. Computer Hounds and Itsotech. They are in the hard drive forum.

18 Jul 2010 08:19 #5 by Cupcake
Replied by Cupcake on topic E-mai problems
Franz: I have the same issue when I plug in at any office - never have figured it out. I use Outlook, and receive mail just fine, however, I am unable to SEND mail from my Outlook app. Is there an IT support person there you could check with?

18 Jul 2010 10:17 #6 by ShilohLady
Replied by ShilohLady on topic E-mai problems
Sometimes the SEND Mail port is blocked. Check with your ISP if there is an alternate port you can use for sending mail.

18 Jul 2010 10:26 #7 by Hoot Owl
Replied by Hoot Owl on topic E-mai problems
Ahh Franz that explains a lot, now I understand why you guys post everything publicly.

18 Jul 2010 17:07 #8 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic E-mai problems
Are you using the same machine at work and at the hot spots?

Regards,
Major Bean

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds